“Ridiculously good hot chocolate”
Review of Angelina Paris

Angelina Paris
Ranked #1 of 229 Coffee & Tea in Paris
Price range: USD 1 - USD 30
Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I have always been told to go to Angelina's when we visit Paris and finally decided to try it. We made the mistake of going around 6pm on a Saturday and ended up standing in a very long line for about 40 minutes. We were sat not long before they were closing so they were out of most of their pastries so we just had the hot chocolate. You think hot chocolate is just hot chocolate. But not here. It is magical! But it is sooooooo rich! My husband and I said we could have just shared a cup and we would have been more than satisfied. The staff was friendly with the exception of the lady in the gift shop. I understand they were close to closing, but considering the restaurant was still at least 80% full, I did not understand why she was so upset when I went in to buy some toffees for my mother. Along with several other people! Even though it is a little pricey, it is definitely worth at least one trip! We will definitely go back to try the food next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,717)

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Ate twice at this restaurant and they left us craving for more each time. The food were delicious, totally worth its price. Service was impeccable. The food came pretty fast and in the event where we had to wait for a bit, they made it up with free macaroons which were totally scrumptious!

For dessert, we had their signature Mont Blanc which was a nice treat. Not too sweet with a nice chestnut flavour. We had their signature hot chocolate which was so rich even for a sweet tooth as mine. I suggest sharing the hot chocolate just to have a bit of it.

Overall, this restaurant is a must to try and splurge on at least once while in Paris!!

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Had this on our 'to do' list in Paris just because of the raving hot chocolate reviews. I tried the white hot chocolate, it was the most sickly thing I have ever had in my life - and I am a HUGE chocolate lover. All four of us had hot chocolate and none of us came close to finishing it. I recommend you share 1 between 2. The cakes were lovely too, but you won't need one if you're ordering the hot chocolate.
It's obviously a bit pricier than Starbucks (8 euros for hot choc), but it's also a lot nicer. It's definitely worth a visit if you appreciate a nice place to sit and chat.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

The hot chocolate here is, truly, to die for. It is truly a chocolate-lover's wildest dream! But we recently had lunch there are it was all presentation - the food was very mediocre. Better just go for the hot chocolate and a chat!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

L'Africain hot chocolate is so rich and sumptuous that you can indulge it on its own. The decor resembles the sophistication of the Belle Epoque translated into each small detail. It seems to get easily crowded anytime of the day, but still worth the wait. Ideal for a post-Louvre visit as it can be reached within a short walk.