“Trip around and over Montmartre hill”
Review of Montmartrain

Montmartrain
Ranked #490 of 591 Tours in Paris
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I read the other reviews and I'm not sure if everyone is talking about the same ride. We boarded the train right next to the Sacré-Cœur church, where it had been standing for a while waiting to fill with passengers. This is also the place where we were dropped off again 35 minutes after departure, without any in-between stops. So the tourist train that I was on was not the hop-on-hop-off type. It took us through a street at the top of the hill, but then quickly went down via the famous vineyard, Place Pigalle, the cemetery, then around the hill by the North side on Rue Caulaincourt and up the hill again via Rue Ronsard. The North side of Montmartre hill is not the side that most tourists visit, as the usual approach is from Boulevard de Rochechouart and metro stations Anvers or Pigalle. I thought it was a pleasant ride and I even saw some streets that I had not seen before, in spite of having visited Paris and this area many times. And all this for 6 euros per adult (4 for children). Recommendable.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

My wife and I took this trip on September 25, 2017. Going up was fine and we were happy to find this, because of medical reasons. The website says a train runs every 30 minutes, the driver said every 45 minutes. We finished our tour in an hour and went outside to wait for the train down. After waiting for an hour, we gave up and called an Uber. We do not know if the train ever came back.

1  Thank Paulagarrett
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Short trip around montmattre and pigalle. The commentary was not the best too fast in each language and the ride bumpy. Still it's pretty cheap

Reviewed 21 February 2016

It was an interesting to see a glimpse of Paris. The tour guide seemed knowledgeable of the history of the areas we passed by on the train.