“I will dream about this apartment again and again”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TravelLib
Seattle, Washington
“I will dream about this apartment again and again”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

This was an incredible place to stay in Paris. We could walk to just about everything since the location is so central. We were limited to three days in Paris, which barely scratched the surface. Vacations in Paris was great to deal with and the site manager (Tania) was very helpful in getting us acclimated to our neighborhood. I cannot wait to go back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and feeling like I was staying in someplace very special.
Liked least: Absolutely nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
TwoTravel...
United States
“Outstanding - with a few tweaks it can be outstandingly FABULOUS!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

First of all, I highly recommend Vacation In Paris. This company was superb in every regard - they were professional, responsive and I had no doubts about my transaction with them. We also liked that prices were in dollars and we could use our credit card to pay for it all. Credit card payment also afforded us some protection in case of any problems. But we didn't have any problems whatsoever. I would highly recommend Vacation In Paris and they do have apartments in lots of different locations and with different price ranges. If we ever return to Paris, I will look no further than VIP for our next rental.

The apartment we rented was in the St. Germain area and was number #249 on VIP's website. It was in a fantastic location, located in a beautiful, well-maintained building with an entry door on the street across from the river. The actual windows of the apartment face rue Dauphine. It had a modern, but small elevator. The unit was modern and completely updated - beautiful bathroom, kitchen area, flooring, etc. We liked that it had a small dishwasher and a clothes washer in the unit. Queen size bed was in a separate bedroom (with door) and it was very comfortable. For us, anyway; bed comfort can be so subjective.

The bedroom also had a very large closet with shelves which was great for storing clothes and suitcases. The apartment would be good for a couple or maybe a total of three adults (with one sleeping on a pull-out couch). Overall, the apartment was sunny and bright and the building was quiet at night as was the bedroom - no street noise that kept us awake since the bedroom faces an inner courtyard.

There is WiFi in this unit, which is a HUGE plus. There was a bottle of wine and flowers, which was a nice welcome touch.

To be fair, there were some downsides and this is where the tweaking comes in: Much of the furniture (other than the bed) was spotlessly clean but needs replacement. The current couch was once good quality but was worn out and uncomfortable. The antique/casual chairs were aestetically attractive but not practical. In fact, the apt manager who met us there said the owner had requested that no one sit in the decorative chairs because they were more for "looks." I believe with a little effort and small investment, the owner can find chairs which are attractive and serve their primary function - to sit in. This left the couch as the only seating option other than the dining chairs.

We were also told by the apt manager that the owner only allots one bath towel and two handtowels per person - no matter how long the stay - which was problematic for us. Since there is a washer in the unit but no dryer (only a drying rack) it was a bother only having one bath towel for five days. Especially if your towel was still drying on the rack after washing when you may have needed it. We wound up buying a couple of bath towels. At this pricepoint ($270 per night) I think the owner should provide each guest at least two bath towels - especially if you are going to advertise and use a U.S. based company. Know your market - most Americans expect a couple of bath towels per person!

They did provide some basic paper products to get you started; several rolls of TP and a roll of paper towels. No facial tissue, however, so we needed to purchase that.

The kitchen equipment was basic and is enough for small meal preparation. I did find that the dishes could also be improved upon. I got the impression it was a collection of extra or outdated items the owner used to fill up the cabinets. For example, there were some lovely formal small china coffee cups and saucers, but only two coffee mugs. I was afraid to use the delicate cups for fear of breakage and that left us with just the two mugs. There is one small fan in the unit but only one. The temperature was fine during our stay so we didn't need to use it but not sure how effective one small fan would be if it got very hot.

This particular apartment requires a local VIP rep to check you in rather than just sending you keys before you get there. It worked out OK for us and the VIP rep in Paris showed up on time; we thought he was a bit snippy in attitude at first but he was otherwise informative so no significant complaints there. I do wish that the apartment information book had actual information about the area, like grocery stores, good bakeries, etc. rather than just directions for use of appliances, etc. There was a guest book and some of the previous guests noted restaurants they enjoyed in the area which was helpful. Again, updating the information book is a small improvement that would make great gains in visitors' enjoyment. There are other books available - the owner's antique books as well as travel books others have left behind, including Paris guide books and a few novels in English.

The location was absolutely superb and there were plenty of restaurants and cafes within walking distance. All in all, I was very pleased with our rental and we did enjoy our stay there. I would recommend this unit but would HIGHLY recommend it if they made a few small practical adjustments to make the stay truly a luxury.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Vancouver Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2012 for a stay in October 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing