“What the ”
Review of Il Etait Un Square

Il Etait Un Square
Reserve with
Il Etait Un Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 18,008 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant will be closed from the 28th of jully to the 21st of august of 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I'm from California love hamburgers this was the best burger I have ever had will remember it for a long time the service was great i wish we had this in the USA

1  Thank John B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

During our recent trip to Paris on one night we faced a familiar question: what to have for dinner? I started browsing TripAdvisor and came across Il était un square and the reviews were amazing. This absolutely peaked my interest and even though the restaurant was literally across the city we decided to try it. The neighbourhood is very residential which is nice and the restaurant is located on the side of a small square. We were one of the first people there and the owner greeted us. We didn't have a reservation but luckily that wasn't a problem. The burgers were just as good as I imagined. The service was amazing and the place had a really family-like feeling. Highly recommend this hidden gem!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Best burgers- if you like melted cheese dropping off your burger go ahead and order two! The staff was awesome can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

An owner who knows his beef, sourcing finest world quality beef and cheeses. The staff are very helpful. Let me get to the menu. The chef's foi grois is amazing and a sprinkle of ground rock salt. The bread served was warm and fresh. The salad was very fresh. My wife had goat cheese salad and I had a bite - buttery, sweet and full of flavour - wow. We ordered steaks - again well cooked medium rare and my wife had the Angus and I had rib eye fillet - both with blue cheese sauce. Served with fresh salad and a tiny basket of fries. For desert we shared the chefs Tiramisu and again we were amazed at the simplicity but full of flavour. If you are in Paris, this restaurant has to be on your bucket list.

2  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We decided to eat her on our last night in Paris and were glad to end it on such a high! amazing burgers, very friendly and welcoming staff in a very nice neighbourhood! Would highly recommend it you will not regret it.