All reviewsmin walkaround the cornerbastillestreetlock
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I was surprised by previous negative comments as my room was cosy, comfortable and - despite being on the street - quiet. The staff were all exceedingly polite and helpful, the breakfast always fresh and well presented and the location was fantastic.

My only whinge is that the internet connection was very unreliable. I had to work in my room and wasted hours because of the system repeatedly going down. The management really do need to address that.

I would definitely come back on a leisure trip but would think twice on business with the
poor telecoms.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DRJStAlbans
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Not a bad location, near the Gare de Lyon train station... suitable only for people who do not want to commute to the station prior their departure.

The room itself was old, and the carpet was extremely dirty.

Staffs are nice, yet they couldnt help us much when we woke up by the construction on our floor at 830 AM! We called the front desk many times, yet, the owner of the hotel was the unfriendly one. We were being frightened by his impoliteness, and rudeness (esp. when we dont understand any French)

The walls are quite thin... so we did wake up easily by any single noise.

Also, they dont have safe in the room, so be prepared to bring all your cash with you at all times!!

Again, you can try that if you cant find elsewhere near that station.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank mfu0403
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I am booked to stay at the Hotel de Reims in May 2011 with my wife. I have contacted the hotel on 3 different occassions through email with questions about the hotel and area and each time I received a very prompt and very curtious email response from Fahima and Miguel. They have been wonderful and very helpful. Their english is outstanding and I am excited for our stay there. If the people there are an indication of the quality of the hotel, then I am sure we will be very happy. Thanks to Fahima and Miguel for excellent customer service even before we get there.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dfowman
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Very nice hotel, easy to find and just 5 minutes from Gare de Lyon. We wanted a hotel in Bercy, and this was highly recommended on various booking sites. The room was a good size, everything worked, very clean, the staff were very helpful and welcoming. It;s in a nice area, just a few steps away from the Promenade Plantee - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promenade_Plant%C3%A9e - something I'd never heard of before, but very interesting. There are also nice restaurants close by too.

I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank North_Beach_UK
Reviewed 17 August 2010

The room was clean and small but adequate. The bathroom was also clean with a good shower, shampoo/shower cream and plastic cups. The street was fairly quiet and so we were able to have the windows open. The breakfast room was in the basement with no windows but it was very attractive with red table cloths. The meal was self service with a fridge for yogurt etc.There was also bread, butter, jam and coffee. The staff were very pleasant and we enjoyed our one night there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple