All reviewsnotre damegreat locationrue rivolifamily suiterooms are spaciouswithin walking distancesuperior roomcentral locationside streetthe breakfast arealots of restaurantswould highly recommend this hotelperfect hotelmetro stationlatin quartercroissantshallway
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Its staff, of course. When we arrived a couple of hours before check-in, Sonia, at the front desk, offered us a cup of coffee immediately while waiting for our room to be prepared. We politely declined the offer, and instead, chose to wander around the Louvre which was two blocks away from the hotel. Once we checked-in, Sonia gave us a map and suggestions where to eat and shop.

The following day, we decided to have a room change. We talked to Atish and Jesse. With Atish’s magic fingers on the keyboard, he assured us that we would get a great room. He didn’t disappoint. When we arrived after a full day of sightseeing, we were given the key to Room 413. A very quite room. The only sound we heard all day long was the chirping pigeons in the morning.

To start the day on the right note, Marc prepared cappuccino for us each morning. The breakfast buffet offered delicious food with several varieties of pastries, fresh fruits and juices, salmon strips among others. While enjoying our breakfast, Sonia greeted us and asked us how we were doing.

Add them up, these intangibles all make a difference between a good hotel and a great one. Great customer service at its finest is an understatement. Consequently, we were completely satisfied during our entire stay.

Thanks Sonia, Amish, Jess and Marc for going above and beyond expectations!

Room Tip: Room 413 has 3 moonroof!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oscar P
LEMPIREPARIS, Reception at L'Empire Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Oscar P,

Thank you so much for you review, read a comment like this one is a real pleasure for us.

All the team of the hotel is glad to see that you liked your stay with us and be sure that the comment has been read by most of the staff.

If you want to come back at the Empire Paris, please be free to directly call us, our team will be glad to see you again.

Thanks again for your kindness and your review,

Best regards,

The Front Desk

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The hotel is in an old Napoleanic-era building, and from the moment I arrived the staff was great. Super friendly and attentive, and really very proud of their property. The location is also great--very close to the Louvre, Notre Dame, etc.

My room was in the basement ("garden level"), which was not the best but actually not bad at all--much better than it sounds because it had a window to a small courtyard. While I am not into the Harlequin-themed design, it does have character, and aside from some small issue with my coffeemaker int he room (for which they just brought me a pot of fresh coffee for free), it was a great stay.

In a city like Paris it can be challenging to find somewhere affordable, comfortable and service-oriented, with a great location, but L'Empire is all four. Definitely a great option.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel would have been great when first opened 20 years ago but is now smelly, tired and hardly boutique. The Manager is sarcastic and I had to restrain myself from giving her a slap as she approached me for the umpteenth time to apologise for the disarray of her hotel. The rooms are kitch smell and the tiles are missing from the floor of the shower. Noise is +++ no matter what room you are in. Baby boomers don’t do it better of staying at the citadines around the corner. Overall not a memorable experience - ie in the right way.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Qanvirg
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as a stopover on our way to Guadeloupe - everything was perfect ( apart from the ice machine breaking but having a family that was in the hostelry trade I know these things happen and getting it fixed on a weekend can be a nightmare) the staff were wonderful and we are looking forward to going back there next weekend when we check in again on our stopover back home from Guadeloupe

Janet

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I stay in Paris quite often for work, and decided to treat myself to a nicer hotel. The price was at the upper range of what my company allows for Paris, and it was quite a fair amount to spend, so my expectations were reasonably high.

I was really disappointed by the overall condition of the hotel. The finishes in the common areas and room were quite shabby, and dirty in some cases. The bathroom was specifically quite unclean, with hair and stains quite noticeable. The bed was uncomfortable, and I slept quite poorly.

My experience with service wasn't great either. The receptionist was friendly, but quickly overly friendly, gushing and acting quite insincere. She asked a lot of personal questions when she showed me the room, which I found really inappropriate.

Overall, the hotel was trying *very* hard to be cool, but just came across as filthy and uncomfortable. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business