All reviews oberkampf metro la pharmacie around the corner requested a quiet room modern hotel croissants triple room canal st martin stay there again side street quiet street stayed here for nights big bathroom free wifi quiet at night rooms are small small fridge
Reviewed 26 April 2016

First time staying in this hotel and we were very pleased with our stay. It is in a quiet street very close to Republique, perfect for transport, restaurants etc and not so touristy. The staff are friendly, familiar and helpful, the cleaning is good and everything works as it should. The rooms are small, but that is the same for pretty much all hotels in Paris in this class, and despite the small size we found our triple room comfortable enough for our needs, with room enough (just) for our luggage, although admittedly we were travelling fairly light. Clean, airy and cheerfully decorated rooms and well functioning bathroom with hot water always on tap no matter what time. The room was quiet enough, despite being on the first floor at the front. You do get occasional street noise, but not to the degree that it disturbed us. I found the bed to be perfect (for me) and slept well. Not a huge amount of cupboard space, and if I were to criticize anything then we would have wished for more electric sockets and a full-length mirror. (It wouldn't be so hard to mount one on the cupboard door, either inside or outside). The staff are very helpful. They recommended great bistros nearby (we arrived late and needed a local). We asked for more clothes hangers and got them straight away, and we also asked for cups to make coffee in the room, and that was also no problem the room comes with an electric kettle). All round very positive, and I would definitely stay there again.
Oh, and I can't comment on the breakfast, because I didn't try it.

Room Tip: High up and towards the courtyard if you are disturbed by small amounts of street noise
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
le20prieure, Directeur général at Hotel Le 20 Prieure, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Dear Gavin
Thank you for your comment. Being committed to delivering the best quality of service possible and making our guests’ stays unforgettable, we are overjoyed to hear that our hotel met your expectations. We would be delighted to have you as our guest again during your next stay in Paris.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

We were two adults and one child visiting Paris this spring. My son and I have visited before, but our friend was on her first visit. The hotel was picked as it was close to a Metro stop (La Republique and Oberkampf) and because the price was right. Wow, we lucked out!

The hotel is set in the middle of a small side street off Rue de la Republique. Walking in you are greeting by a friendly staff member and a huge metal basket of green apples! My son befriended the staff as he proceeded to eat apples several times a day as we used the hotel as our base over the following days.

After a speedy check-in, we entered the tiny elevator/lift up to our room. The hallway lighting has a short motion-sensitive timer but our door was quick to arrive at. Once we walked in, we were amazed at the beautiful photograph taking over one wall, showing a prominent Paris skyline. Our window with Juliette balcony had a view of the surrounding quiet street and lent itself well to the quirkiness of the room. Beds were comfortable, soft linens and towels and a great bathroom which offered a low sink for our son to use independently (not always the case, in hotels in the UK). The room is small for Non-European standards, but perfectly good for us. The bathroom had all modern fittings and was a 5* bath!

We opted to skip breakfast, which looked good, and instead visited a local bakery on the corner for fresh pastries and then dropped in on the market opposite to get fresh-squeezed orange juice. The market also has a great supply of cheeses, meats and fresh fruits, which can be stored in the room fridge - we used this to make sandwiches for our daily travel! We usually picked up coffee later in the morning, next to the attraction of the day. There are plenty of options for dinner around the hotel and the neighbourhood was very safe for us at all hours we travelled (0700-2300).

All in all, highly recommend this place and look forward to staying here again when we visit Paris again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
le20prieure, Directeur général at Hotel Le 20 Prieure, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Reviewed 11 April 2016

On my very first trip to Paris, I stayed at Hotel Le 20 Prieure. SInce I had never been to Paris before this trip, I just relied on the map and chose a hotel very accessible to metro stations and other amenities. It turns out the stations are much closer than I'd thought. The hotel is a short walking distance to Republique and Oberkampf (Oberkampf is a bit closer) so this is very convenient for travellers who prefer to save money and travel by train from the airport. ( I recommend going to Oberkampf station on your way to the hotel so you will only have to cross an intersection once).

This is hotel is perfect for those travelling to EU by train since the Gare du Nord/Est train stations are a few stops away from the nearby metro stations (Republique/Oberkampf)

The staff are very friendly and helpful so for first timers in Paris don't hesitate to ask them about their recommendations on where to go for dining etc or even tips on getting around the city.

The rooms are reasonably sized and very clean. The street itself is quiet plus the curtains help the maintain the quietness of the room and I was able to sleep well. There are artworks/framed photos in the room (and in the reception and dining area) which I enjoyed a lot and makes the hotel more cozy.

The breakfast area is on the basement and the smallness of it, the bookshelves and artworks make me feel chilled and "at home".

AN additional note, if you're like me who'd rather bring one-week worth of clothes rather than carry a huge luggage full of clothes, there's a coin-operated laundry shop a few steps away from the hotel. The laundry shop opens very early so you can load your laundry in the morning and have breakfast at the hotel while waiting.

I will definitely stay again in this hotel when I travel again to Paris.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan_MS_2016

Dear Dan

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Although we had an apartment lined up in the Marais district we like this place and the neighborhood so much we booked a couple of night with them... The staff is casual and friendly and the rooms comfortable and good value in this spendy city... We grabbed croissant and coffee at the excellent bakery on the corner and saved a few euros on the breakfast.. The canal is quite close and it's an up and coming neighborhood with a good buzz and lots going on... Chez Prune is an excellent bar and le Verre Vole a great fish restaurant...They are about 10 minutes away on foot...Closer to the hotel is charming hole in the wall restaurant serving excellent French cooking... The Cellar Restaurant is well worth a try and the owner Dado is super friendly....We picked up chilled bottles of champagne for the room at the Nicolas wine store a few minutes away... Excellent stuff and a bargain.....

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
le20prieure, Directeur général at Hotel Le 20 Prieure, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Thank you for your comment and your fidelity!

Reviewed 11 January 2016

I was staying here during Christmas season. actually I wanted to stay here just for one day but after I stayed here, I just decided to stay there for my whole trip.
Large and cean room and very cozy.
It is perfect location and nice cafes around the hotel and the staffs are very kind and friendly.

Room Tip: 5th floor!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
le20prieure, Directeur général at Hotel Le 20 Prieure, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016