All reviews many restaurants within walking distance arc de triomphe paris stay lots of restaurants metro station niel avenue periere balcony apartment supermarket aparthotel roomy privacy
Reviewed 17 July 2015

The Rennequin Residhotel is a smart solution for having a comfortable camp base when you intend to explore the city of lights for several days. It is well located in a classy neighborhood, near large avenues and places, with good transport connections at maximum 10 minutes walk.
In the residence we had a studio with kitchen facilities (fridge, microwave, hotplate, tableware, etc., even dishwasher machine!). The living was large with beds of a good size, a sofa, table, chairs, desk, iron board, LCD TV (many channels).
The air-conditioning is individual and efficient and the terrace is large with table and chairs.
The pluses are: spacious room, very well equipped (everything worked), good cleaning service, large terrace, quiet street, good neighborhood, in all: comfort.
The minuses: you had to take the metro or the RER to go anywhere, the WI-Fi is free but poor, the reception desk is in a house near the hotel and is closed between 12.00 and 16.00 and after 21.00 (so you can’t have the check-in or other assistance in this interval!).
I have not a breakfast arrangement.

Room tip: the rooms with garden view have a much larger terrace and are quieter,
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2015

You'll be surprised by the large spacious rooms with a balcony right bin the business quarters of Rue Rennequin.

THE GOOD:
> The most spacious business hotel around the area
> The balcony
> Privacy: You don't have to smile at a receptionist every time you come back to your room (it's a good thing sometimes)
> The location: walking distance to metros and Champs Elysees
> Spacious: Oh I said that before
> Small kitchenette with hobs and all cutlery required to do some basic cooking. It doesn't take up too much space.
> CD player in the room

WHAT COULD BE BETTER:
> The bed is a little simple and hard for my taste. The bedding is very simple and doesn't look very posh
> Breakfast is very very very basic. Frugal (a few pastries, boiled egg, bad coffee, some apples and orange juice). the 5 times I stayed here, I had breakfast only one - the first time.
> the receptionist is gone at around 9:30pm or 10pm. After that you don't have anyone around for service.
> If you lose your key OR forget your key inside the room, you pay a hefty price for getting back into your room. This is because you employ an external company to sort it out. I have never had to do it, but it is pasted on the wall and it sounds worrying.

However, if I go back to France, I would certainly consider this an option if I am looking for space and some privacy.

TIP1: Remember to ask for internet vouchers for the number of days you are staying there. Each voucher is valid for 1 day only.
TIP 2: The garden facing balconies are fantastic.

Room tip: If you are going to be late (after 9:30pm) checking in, make sure you let the hotel know.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank IceShirtOfficial
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The room that we stayed in was very decent -- it has that cool modern and urban feel to it. If you are looking for sumptuous luxury and cosiness, then, this will not be the place for you.

Everything was up to scratch and I would have no problems returning except that it is a bit of a trek to all the usual touristy places. Still, you are not confronted with an overpriced bill at the end of your stay by living with this inconvenience.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn C
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I booked upon the assumption that, by Paris standards (a) rooms will be spacious, and (b) the street will be quiet. Both assumptions actually held and in addition, reception staff was nice, helpful, and spoke English.

But the establishment lost points in my rating on the following: (c) room service - the cleaning was not up-to-standard, I had to clean the fridge before I felt I can put groceries in it; there was dust on higher-laid surfaces such as the windows in the kitchenette and the bathroom, (d) wifi - this was wholly inadequate, it could not cope at all with larger tablet apps such as FT or facebook. Point (c) and (d) could easilly be fixed though, and perhaps they will be in the future. The trouble that cannot be fixed is (e) - the internal soundproofing of the structure is inadequate, so you will hear flushing, steps and even voices from other rooms. If you are touchy about this, do not book.

Overall, an acceptable travel experience, but not an excellent one.

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank T0masR
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was perfect for our first stay in Paris. Easy to get in to Paris, Clean and the staff could not do more to help. We had everything we needed in the apartment and it was clean and fresh. When making staff aware the dishwasher in our room didnt work (which wasnt a problem for us) the team moved us to a room where the dishwasher did work. So helpful and nice, can wait to make a return journey and have advised people to go and stay hear when in the Paris area. Thank you so much for making is special for our stay.

Date of stay: August 2013