Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain(Paris)(Great Value!)
USD 133
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 189/night.

USD 438
USD 383
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 570/night.

USD 355
USD 326
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 379/night.

USD 269
USD 236
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 298/night.

USD 227
USD 199
  • Pool
USD 255
USD 195
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 237/night.

USD 307
USD 299
Travelocity
USD 181
USD 172
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 247/night.

USD 191
USD 161
Official Site
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 234/night.

USD 144
USD 112
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 138/night.

All reviewspanoramic suiteexceptional hotelconcierge staffperfect locationthe entire stafffitness roomheart of parisquiet streetmacaroonslouvre museumhotel bara stones throwdinner reservationsside streeta wonderful staywalking distancebreakfast was included
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

First, let me start by addressing the positives of this hotel:

- the staff are fantastic, they are very happy to help as much as they can and go a long way to make you feel welcome
- the rooms are beautiful and quiet, if small
- the bathroom is fantastic, the shower head is delightful, the bath super comfortable and the body wash smells fantastic
- breakfast is very yummy, omelette expertly cooked and the gluten free bread freshly baked (and delicious to boot)

However, the mattress was super uncomfortable. Every morning I woke up feeling like my body broke overnight. I needed to take very strong painkillers to sleep after night #1. I have gotten accustomed to hard beds European hotels frequently have (I'm Australian), however, this was was especially bad. The staff put down a topper, but it did not help in the slightest. My review here my be particularly critical as my partner and I chose to pay for a more expensive hotel in the hope we would get to sleep on a comfortable bed (we usually pay £150-200 p/n) and we most certainly did not. This is such a shame as I loved the hotel in every single other way. However getting a good nights sleep is ultimately all that matters to my partner and me when picking a hotel, so I won't be back.

May I suggest the hotel makes a foam mattress topper available - short of replacing the mattresses (which I appreciate is expensive) that may be a viable solution.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Annabelle M
Lena L, Directeur général at Grand Hotel du Palais Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Annabelle M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion online. Thank you also for your kindness towards the staff and I am glad that you felt (almost) at home!

Regarding your remarks about the comfortless of the mattress, I am sorry to learn that you did not like the bedding. This is a very personal experience, as for example, our team at Reception received an email last week from a guest who wanted to know the brand of our mattresses to order one for her home.
Our professional mattresses in our rooms have an integrated topper and our Housekeeping Supervisor did add an extra one to your request. We already took good note of your comment, and wrote it in your profile for a future stay.

If you have the opportunity to come back to Paris, please contact us personally in advance, and we will have a chance to better serve you!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Overall this hotel was acceptable but a tad overpriced for what was on offer. Our room was not so big, floor space was at a minimum. We had an extra bed for our daughter and I, being disabled, had a mobility scooter. The room really was not equipped for the traffic but whilst booking we were not made aware of the tight squeeze we were to encounter. On arrival there was a bottle of wine for us and treats for our daughter. The room and ba thrown were spotlessly clean, (Very good housekeeping). There were bottles of water left by our beds each night. The bar/foyer area was small and whilst there was a large selection of wine and spirits it had no draught beers,
( much to my husbands disappointment). The breakfast each morning was good, with a decent selection to choose from. Any of the staff
that we encountered, during our stay, were excellent at their work and all were especially friendly. Were it not for the staff I don't think we would have enjoyed our stay. It is a bit pricey for what's on offer. Yes it's a lovely hotel but no I won't return on my next Paris trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a shower seat if you need one. The cobbled square is noisy on dustbin night so get a street facing room if you're a light sleeper!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank screenelvis

Dear Screenelvis,

We thank you for sharing your opinion online, which is very constructive. Thank you very much for your compliments towards our buffet breakfast and attentiveness of our team.

You were staying with us in a Deluxe room equipped for disabled person with wheelchair. I must say I was veru surprised to read your comment as we usually have great feedback on this room. We are sorry that it did not meet your expectations.

Regarding your experience at our bar, I can understand that our selection of beers might disappoint beer lovers. Our bar is more specialized in Champagne, mixology and cocktail creations.

Please feel free to contact Mathilde, at m.beziau@ghprparis.com, we would be delighted to get a chance to convince you for your next trip to Paris !

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I didn't regret booking months in advance, I didn't regret the expenses, if you can afford to stay at this hotel please book a room here.
The hotel is clean, staff is focused on providing professional and considerate service.
Every night expect at least one bottle of water (Evian if I remember correctly), a card informing you of the proceeding day's weather.
If there is rain before you exit the hotel they will provide quality umbrellas.
Location is superb, the Louvre is a few steps to the left of the hotel entrance, you can walk to most popular locations within 20 minutes.
No regrets.

Room Tip: Get the junior suite if you can
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Lena L, Directeur général at Grand Hotel du Palais Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Cokeaholic19,

A big thank you for this wonderful comment and for taking the time to write it.
The entire team read your words and was delighted to receive compliments like yours.
I would love to be able to meet you personally on a future stay and I hope you will stay with us again. Do not hesitate to contact François at reservations@ghprparis.com

Have a lovely day !

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Overall I was very satisfied. Very calm and beautiful neighborhood in the 1st arrdsmnt. Perfect room with great shower. Rooms were kept organized and cleaned in the afternoon and by the time you got back later in the night.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lena L, Directeur général at Grand Hotel du Palais Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear ie6399,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your first review for us! We are so glad you had a prefect stay. Our reward is to read messages like yours.
Do not hesitate to come back to see us, we would be delighted to welcome you again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great little boutique hotel minutes from the Louvre. Clean, terrific breakfast, multilingual staff. Rooms a little small but very well maintained. Tucked away from traffic in a very safe area. Highly recommended if travelling with family.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lena L, Directeur général at Grand Hotel du Palais Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Dunksdadf,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your first review for our property! And thank you especially for your great feedback. Indeed, we welcome families and offer services dedicated to them. We have great connecting rooms so that parents and children have their own space, a kids room has been set up so that the little ones can have fun and a great children’s menu is available. Our Cles d’Or Concierges can answer to any family request ! Do not hesitate to ask them the next time you come.

Have a lovely day !