See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

The hotel is far from 5 star quality but it doesn't claim to be. The location is excellent and the room has everything you need, albeit a bit cramped and the decor a bit dated.
However, the public transport links from the hotel were excellent and we were able to pretty much walk everywhere despite the fact the weather wasn't in our favour.
The staff were friendly and were helpful enough to prebook us a taxi for 5am on our departure.
The breakfast option isn't great and it would be nicer if there was a space to eat it other than in your room or in the small reception area.
We got what we paid for with this hotel, it was cheap, and it showed but it suited our short 2 night stay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel was very good with check-in as we had to change our check-in time multiple times. We finally arrived at half past one in the morning. The man behind the desk gave us the key immediately and didn't ask for passports or anything.

The room was very small but clean. I was slightly worried by the massive cracks in the wall. One prominent downside was that despite it being early in the morning you could hear everything around, especially voices/ conversations from other rooms.

Since we had pre-paid we didn't have to do much in the morning except pay some sort of tax, that I didn't completely understand.

All in all it is a convenient location for layovers or short trips, but perhaps not completely recommendable for longer stays.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2016

I visited as a solo female traveller in December 2015. I honestly was not expecting much for such a low price but the hotel was perfect for what I wanted - clean, very close proximity to two different Metro stations (Bonne Nouvelle and Saint Denis), free wifi, friendly staff, located just off a busy, thriving area full of restaurants, bars and shops.

If you are fit and like a good walk, I walked up to the Pere Lachaise cemetery from the hotel. It was very interesting as the walk brought me through La Republique and long bustling boulevards. It is a good location - I never felt unsafe as a 24 year old female travelling by herself. In fact many of the locals were very friendly and pointed me in the right direction when I arrived at 11 o'clock at night not sure where I was going.

I slept in every morning so I didn't get a chance to sample the breakfast but I didn't see a cafe or dining area so I assume the food was either to be eaten on the sofa in front of the check-in area or brought back up to the room.

The room is fuss-free, not much in the way of decoration. There is a bed, a television (which I didn't use) and a small bathroom which is basically a closet with a toilet and shower. I have deducted one star for the fact that the windows do not obscure any of the sound from outside and the blankets on the bed were quite thin (there were spare blankets in the wardrobe but still didn't feel like enough!) but otherwise I would recommend this hotel to other travelers on a budget. Just bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank feverflo
Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

Filthiest hotel I have ever been. Ugly and depressive too. Should be closed down by public health authorities. Hair everywhere in the room. Sheets not even large enough to cover the mattress. Holes in the linens. The space was so limited that I was jumping from the bed straight to bathroom. Almost ruined my holidays in Paris.

Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

I actually visited in June 2014 but cannot select that long back. This is the worst hotel i ve ever stayed in. Filthy (huge ball of hair in the shower), awful beds (shirt sheets with holes) and the breakfast is a piece of bread with jam served at the desk of the reception.

Avoid even if offered for free. Strick that, avoid even if they pay you to stay.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple