See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2014

I just could not wait to get out Paris after the ordeal My colleague and I went through at Vielle...I felt like I was staying at a backpackers ( hmm no.. A filthy jail cell on death row) in Bahrain.. It was hot, the beds stank of urine, my window faced a wall.. The couple next door made so much noise I was making me feel physically ill, there were no amenities whatsoever... Not even a bottle of water, the staff at the door did nothing when requests were made for booking taxis, my colleague waited 2 days to get a hair dryer( and it didn't work) or trying to change the cell I was staying in.. When they did order a cab(I am sure it was someone's brother in law) , they charged double the price. We stayed away till the last minute every night as we just couldn't bear to be in the hotel.... I have heard many Paris hotel horror stories... We have now experienced it first hand. be warned people... The photos of the quaint lobby are a complete facade... One you get into the lift... You realize you are experiencing your worst nightmare... Enter at own risk...I love Paris and the people so much and visit twice a year .. This is the first time I have been desperate to get home.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel... Don't be deceived by the photos
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Straightshooter71
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We didn't actually stay there, however we were suddenly arriving in Paris without a cell phone and couldnt find a pay phone. We happened upon this hotel to inquire as to where we could find a pay phone. The gentleman at the front desk was very kind and helped us immensely. He actually called the numbers from the front desk and received the return calls hat eventually came in. He spoke with our friends and took the directions for us to meet them. We really appreciated the kindness and the help that tis gentleman offered. Thank you. If we return we will stay here to see wht the rooms are like. If the rooms are half as good as the service we will be happy! Thanks again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We booked this hotel as a package deal through Eurostar and only read the reviews after booking. Expecting the worse we discovered that all the negative reviews in no way reflected our experience. We had four nights of excellent sleep in very comfortable beds. The room was basic but clean and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful in French or English. We will certainly stay there next time we go. It was just round the corner from Gare du Nord and we were allowed to leave luggage there on the final morning before catching the afternoon train to London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 17 February 2014

well, arrived late in Paris, couldnt find a room, stumbled upon this place, 65 euro for one night, what can I say, very pleasant helpful people, the women on reception was really helpful, I dont konw why previous people have complained, maybe it was another lady, this one was more than friendly, the room was pleasant, walls were ok, just the hum of the lift, suppose i am spoilt here seeing I stayed in a horrible hotel in switzerland call auberge dillagence please see my other reviews, if this hotel keeps up the good work I will stay here all day long, so all in all a good experience, keep it up please... see you soon, the rooms are also fine and functional, no complaints... didnt eat breakfast I am sure it is ok... please stay here you will be ok, thankfully I found this place...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The room was small and stuffy, I did not sleep all night because it was so hot, even with the window open it was still stuffy (I came back to the UK with a cold)
The walls are extremely thin I could hear a couple in the next room from 2am-6am constantly, with the headboard hitting against the wall! I did not sleep all night.
The bathroom was ridiculously small I could not sit on the toilet properly, I had to sit on a slant. This was in room 336!
The bedroom door was not secure, we locked the door and pushed it from outside and the door opened. We told the staff and they did fix the door.
A good point would be: the pillows were comfy.
My friend stayed in a different room and that was much better than mine.. It was larger and the bathroom was large.
Overall I would never stay here again especially for the price I paid 90 euros.

• Stayed: December 2013