New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #908 of 1,816 Hotels in Paris
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Everything as expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

The location is fantastic – within walking distance to most major sights (the Louvre, the Opera etc.), just about 7 minutes’ walk from the RoissyBus stop (the best way to reach CDG airport) – and at the same time away from big crowds.

The room was exactly as described on the hotel website - smallish but comfortable, with enough wardrobe space to keep your clothes. The aircon unit and wi-fi internet both worked perfectly. The furniture was a bit worn but the bathroom looked fresh and was spotlessly clean.

The multilingual front desk staff are extremely helpful. There is a rather big foodstore just round the corner. Overall, a very nice experience

Room Tip: the rooms that face the street are rather noisy
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Novosibirsk, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Everything was good: location, service, hospitality.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Haifa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

The location is the best possible, you are in the city center. I used only 4 metro rides for a week.
The hotel is simple, room is renovated, although old style, but the bathroom is of the 4* level.
Good value for money in the center of Paris

Room Tip: I stayed at the top floor in Non-smoking room. I think the first two floors are for smoker
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank FighterPete
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Prince Albert Louvre for 6 nights in September, 2011. The location couldn't be better, just up the road from the Jardins des Tuileries. It was a little difficult to find at first, but once we knew where we got oriented it was easy to get to. The front desk staff were all exceedingly nice, accommodating and helpful. I enjoyed our stay.

Why is it not rated higher? A few things would turn other people off, I'm sure. They all made my daughter and I feel very "Parisienne", and didn't bother us at all, but need to be mentioned in all fairness:

1. The keys - you had to leave your antiquated key at the front desk whenever you left the hotel and then get it back when you returned. I just told them my room number and they gave me the key. We were there 6 days so they did get to know us, but for the first couple of days? Anyone could have been asking for that key.

2. The one-person elevator - very small. I wear a size 10 and just myself and my suitcase fit into the elevator. We ate so much we didn't mind using the stairs

3. The bathroom is very small. The pass through between the sink and toilet into the shower is very narrow. Fine for us, but bigger people might have an issue.

4. The bed we had was a double. It wasn't the largest.

5. No coffee/tea in the room. Coffee and tea at a restaurant in Paris is VERY expensive. My daughter and I were searching for Starbucks to get a CHEAP coffee/tea. I would have liked to be able to make one in the room.

Those negatives were all minor to us, when compared to the excellent location. Close to Metro stops, there is a market around the corner for food, and within walking distance of everywhere we went except Montmartre, which we took the Metro to. We enjoyed it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
2 Thank SLT1962
Dalian, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I reserved a Double-Standard room for 2 nights (July 25th to July 27th 2011) at HOTEL PRINCE ALBERT LOUVRE for me and my son, providing my credit card info through their online “secured system” on June 7th 2011 for a Total of 198.00 €.

I later sent an email directly to the Hotel to cancel my reservation on June 28 2011.

Even though their policy states that all cancellations are free of charge if made 48 hours prior to the reserved dates, after receiving my request, the Hotel first withdrew 99.00 € from my credit card and then informed me that all cancellations should be made through their website.

I cancelled the very same day through their website and immediately received a confirmation that my reservation was fully cancelled (198.00 €).

nevertheless, even though I made my cancellation more than 27 days before the reserved dates, HOTEL PRINCE ALBERT LOUVRE withdrew 99.00 € from my credit card.

I did of course get my money back from my bank after some explanations but it was a hassle I surely did not need.

So indeed, beware!