“Best breakfast buffet, helpful staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Paris - Vendome

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #423 of 1,816 Hotels in Paris
Hong Kong
“Best breakfast buffet, helpful staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

I didn't have high expectation of the hotel. The room turned out to be small but cozy, which i enjoyed. Location was unbeatable. I dont usually write review, but this time really want to recommend the breakfast buffet in the hotel. It is one of the best breakfast buffets i have had in my life! If the breakfast included rate is available, get it! Also, very helpful and friendly staff especially for paris standard. My group of 12 demanding travelers didnt complain... which says a lot!

• Stayed February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Dear D_Fairy,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us.

Thank you for the nice remarks about ourstaff' friendliness and I am happy you appreciated our breakfast buffet at Le First!!

I hope to see you back at The Westin Paris-Vendôme on the near future.

Kind regards,
Abraham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I stayed 8 nights at the Westin Vendome 2 weeks ago. We arrived on the 9.30am flight from DFW, and was able to get a room when we arrived at the hotel before the official check-in time. In fact, we even got an upgraded room on the SPG floor. The room was very large by European standards, but was situated next to the elevator.

All the hotel staff we encountered were very friendly. We enlisted the help of the concierge on numerous occasions, and were supplied with useful advice and friendly service.

The hotel location is great, situated between the yellow(Tuilleries) and green(Concorde) lines. You can walk to Laduree, Angelina, Louvre, Orsay, Place Vendome, Opera Garnier, etc. Lots of shopping around too.

There have been some reviews complaining about the thin walls in the hotel. I did not find this to be true for my room, and the walls of the rooms are in fact made of concrete, and not sheetrock as we have in the US. This helps insulate better for sound.

However, since our room was next to the elevator, we did have lots of chatter from other guests come through the door. Another point was that the room doors are designed to shut hard to make sure they lock behind you, so they always slam loudly no matter how hard you try not to. I found that getting a pair of ear plugs from the local pharmacy fixed this problem.

I'll be sure to visit Paris again in the near future, and I'll make my stay at the Westin again when I do.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view of the gardens are nice, but the street below is extremely busy in the day, wi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Outdoor_hiker
Dear Outdoor_hiker,

Dear Outdoor_hiker,
Thank you so much for your nice comments about our propoperty and on our associates.

I will pass you special thanks to all the staff , they will be delighted by your remarks!

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings encountered with the noise, which I am glad have not affected your impression about our stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again next time travel brings you back to Paris!

Warm Regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Back in the early 2000s, I was a big fan of the Westin brand: their properties were a perfect combination of style, luxury and comfort, and their heavenly bed was truly pure heaven. Since then, many brands have adopted similar concepts and have been very successful at that (for example, Best Western by JFK airport has fantastic beds). Westin's other strong point, its design, has also been outshined by other brands in the luxury space, notably, Kimpton hotels in the US. To me, Westin Paris epitomizes the decline of the Westin brand. First, the renovations (I've stayed at the property when it was Intercontinental) are boring and uninspiring. The color palette in the room (had a junior suite in the attic) is bleak; the furniture is drab and forgettable; the bath did not seem renovated other than the mirror (the floors are old, unheated marble); shockingly, even the bed was not as comfortable as at the other Westin properties; and the linens were nothing special. The price/value combination would be infuriating if I had to pay for this suite (I think it would have been around Eur 800 for two tiny dark rooms with very low, slanted ceilings). If there was some charm in the room with two little balconies, the colors and furnishings in the room did nothing to emphasize that. Notably, Westin charges extra for the view of the Tuilleries (was not the case at the Intercontinental). All in all, there are much better price/value options in a comparable location. I think the only thing going for this hotel, besides its location, is its lovely reception staff, but I am not sure if it's enough to win Westin its reputation. I am not likely to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank xrizantema
Dear xrizantema,

Thank you for taking the time to add your review of your stay.

I am sorry to learn you did not fully enjoy your stay when staying with us.

I wish to apologize foryou were not satisfied with our new Westin decoration and can assure you I have taken good note of your comments .

Regarding your comment on our prices, please, rest assured that we will take into consideration your opinion during our future price reviews, even though they have been established in line with other hotels of the same category in Paris.

On a more positive note, I would like to thank you for your great comment about our staff!

I hope you will reconsider your decision of returning to the Westin Paris-Vendôme during your next stay in Paris, allowing us the chance to exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards,
Torrance, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

My family and I returned to the Westin Paris this April almost exactly a year after our first visit. As I mentioned in my previous review, the location of the Westin for kids is ideal. Yes the Louvre, Notre Dame, great shopping, etc are just steps away, but most importantly for those with kids is the wonderful playground and carousel that's just across the street in the Tuileries Garden. It was what my oldest remembered from last year's trip and it's where she wanted to go as soon as we were checked in. It's nice when the kids are excited about the vacation too.

The hotel itself is as we remembered it. Tastefully grand. The staff was just as great. Not in your face but available and willing to help when you need it. We had a courtyard view room which was a stark contrast to the Eiffel Tower view room we had last year. Having been in both types of rooms I think I prefer the courtyard view because of the young kids (4 yrs and 1.5 yrs old). It's extremely quiet and the kids had no problem falling and staying asleep. The Eiffel Tower view room does have an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower and Louvre and you can't feel more connected with the city, but it does tend to be a bit noisier because of the traffic. If my kids were older, and do not have an issue with sleeping with some traffic sounds, then I would go with the Eiffel Tower room. But if a good uninterrupted night's sleep is what's going to make your vacation more enjoyable, then I would forgo the view and ask for the courtyard room.

If you have the option to have breakfast included with your stay, I would highly recommend it. As an SPG Platinum member, I was fortunate to have breakfast included and it's an amazing buffet. Everything from pastries, eggs, bacon, sausages, crapes, to even an asian section with soup and rice. The only issue I had was waking up early enough to take advantage of it since it closes at 10AM.

Overall, if you're struggling to decide on the Westin over other Paris hotels, I recommend the Westin even if it slightly more expensive. By just the location alone, you get what you pay for. The staff, accommodations, and the playground are a very nice bonus.

We're already planning our return trip to Paris next year and will be staying at the Westin...again!

Room Tip: If a good uninterupted night's sleep is important to you enjoying your vacation, then ask for a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim C
Julien K, Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Jim C,

Thank you very much for your nice review about your recent stay at the Westin Paris- Vendôme.

We are thrilled to read that you had the true warm Parisian experience with your family and I am delighted that you will recommend and chose the Westin Paris-Vendôme for your next stay in Paris. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you preparing your future visit.

I will pass your positive experience on the buffet to the chef and I have also noted your comment on the closing time of the buffet.

Jim C, we would thank you for your trust in our hotel.

Warm regards,

Julien Kiefer
Hotel Manager
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Was staying alone for a night in paris a few weeks ago and booked this through lastminute.ie given the price of central hotels.
Great location - with lots of eateries and places to drink around...
Rooms small but very nicely equipped bathrooms

Room Tip: Try book through lastminute!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Sweenem,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and our bathrooms facilities.
Should you return to Paris and select the Westin Paris-Vendôme, we would be pleased to assist you to find the perfect room or suite.

With my best regards,