“Wasn't sure what to expect based on previous reviews”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #487 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The reviews for this hotel seem to run very hot or very cold, in large part based on the room. Luckily we had a Deluxe room on the 4th floor which we found large, well appointed, quiet and overall quite charming with architectural effects you would only find in Europe. Bathroom was large, clean and stocked with Westin's standard amenities. Really our only complaint with our stay was with housekeeping (which also seems a standard complaint). The cleaning of the room was cursory at best and the only way we could tell it had been cleaned was because the bed was made. The worst issues we had with housekeeping is that they kept taking our used items (towels, glasses, bathrobe) and not restocking them! At one point we had 1 clean towel in our room and we kept having to chase them down the hallway to refill things like glasses or corkscrews. Their "turndown service" consisted of putting two chocolates on the cluttered desk next to the bed, no actual turndown, restocking, emptying trash, etc.
I would agree with the overall conclusion of past reviewers; know that you're paying an arm and a leg for location, relative size of the rooms and no big surprises. Don't expect over the top luxury and service at these prices.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are a must in this hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eatapper
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear eatapper,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad you had a nice stay with us in one of our comfortable Deluxe rooms.

I would also like to offer my apologies for housekeeping service was not up to your expectations. Rest assured our Executive Housekeeper has been informed and will share your comments with our teams. This is certainly not the usual westin standard of high quality we usually deliver.

Thanks again for sharing with us and hope we will see you next time travel brings you back to the city of lights!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My family friends stayed at this hotel over this past week and they had the worst experience. A maid stole Macaroons and multiple perscription medications and not to mention the A/C was completely broken and was not fixed for the whole 6 days. The stay was appalling and they will CERTAINLY not be going back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Genie D
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Dear Genie D,

thank you for your comments about your friends' recent stay with us.

I am a bit surprised by your review as I know our Hotel Manager has already been in contact with your family.
I would also like to add none of our staff had the intention to steal macaroons or medications, and if items had been taken by accident, you must already be aware everything was found back and returned to the guests.

Dear Genie D, I am sorry your friends were disappointed by their stay, I can only hope they will give us another chance and see what we are truly capable to do to take care of our guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I had stayed in this hotel over a decade ago when it was an Intercontinental. I chose it again for it's location. Yes, the Superior rooms are not overly large, but we were out sightseeing all day and they are fine for sleeping. The beds are comfortable, the bathroom large enough to not feel completely squished. I was traveling with my 17 year old son and emails I sent prior to our arrival requesting two twin beds in the room and a location on either the Rue de Castiglione or rue Mont Thabor side were met. We pre-paid and saved a bit of money on the room charge. Staff was friendly, the concierge staff, though almost constantly busy, we're helpful. This is a large hotel, it is always busy, and therefore not for everybody. There is an extra charge for wi-fi, no coffe maker in a superior room and breakfast is only served until 10 in the main restaurant, after that you can get breakfast in the bar. When you are travelling with a teenager, 10 is not late enough. :-) The area has many restaurant choices, lovely shopping and is within walking distance to most of the big attractions in central Paris. You know what you are getting with a Westin, kind of like eating at McDonald's, it is the same all over the world. You can stay here with confidence. If you want something more "special" look at other hotels. If you want a quality hotel in a great location at a somewhat reasonable cost, this is the one for you. I do not hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view are on the the Rue du Rivoli, a busy street.. You may like the view, but not...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear MomcatNH,

Thank you for your recent review and for the nice comments about your stay with your son.

I have well noted and will share your remarks with our teams in order to improve on our offer.

Trust we will see you next time travel brings you back to Paris and decide to have another try at The Westin Paris-Vendôme!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The Westin Paris is a nice hotel. I just returned after spending a week. I would suggest this hotel because the staff was friendly and the building is big and like a palace. I have stayed in Paris before back in 2007 at the georges v and spent an absolute fortune and I can honestly say I enjoyed my stay here at The Westin Paris a lot more. Stay here and you will be happy.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear SpauldingRI,

thank you for this great review!

I am glad to see you had such nice stay with us and enjoyed the service delivered by our teams!

All the best, and see you soon

Reviewed 28 March 2012

First off, this is a luxury hotel in Paris so it's not cheap. A friend and I stayed here with my corporate rate which made the price tolerable. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The concierge who assisted us a few times was fine, but not overly friendly. In his defense, the concierge desk was extremely busy. When we checked in, they did not have the view room we wanted with two beds. This was a bit sticky since I was traveling with a girlfriend and we did not want to share a bed. Management was extremely helpful and showed us several room options so we could decide. The rooms in the hotel vary in size, but all the ones we saw were attractively decorated and spacious (especially for Paris), with great bathrooms. We had an issue with our tv and within minutes of calling the desk, the service crew was knocking at our door and quickly fixed the problem. The buffet breakfast was excellent and priced accordingly...read not cheap. If you can get a breakfast inclusive rate, do so. We did not eat lunch or dinner here, but had drinks in the atrium a couple of times which was nice. The most exceptional thing about this hotel is the fantastic location. You walk out the front door and are at the center of everything. We happened to be staying at the end of the Tour de France and had a terrific view of the final laps from the hotel! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank dghg

Dear happytravelermom,

Thanks a lot for your great comments about your stay with us!

The hotel is indeed just well located for the finish of the Tour de France! This is really a great atmosphere at that time in summer.

Now the question is who will win in 2012? Hope to see you around the finish line this summer!

All the best,