“Very kind, good lunch”

Ranked #23 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

에피타이저 주 요리 디저트까지 완벽하게 맛있었다. 직원분들이 매우친절했고, 추천해주신 음식은 우리에게 매우 큰 만족감을 주었다. 입구가 어두워서 영업중인지 판단이 잘 서지 않았으나, 용기내어 방문한 결과는 대만족. 다음에 또 프랑스 여행을 온다면 꼭 가보고싶은 레스토랑이다. 약 2시간의 식사시간동안 행복했다. Thank you very much. All the dishes were perfect.

There are newer reviews for L'Envie du jour

Reviewed 23 April 2017

My reservation was swiftly acknowledged by email and changed to a table when I said that I would prefer not to eat at a high table. I appreciated this because I personally don't like solo dining at bars.

The restaurant is nice and the staff are professional. There is a choice of two items for each course, no menu is presented. The waitress spoke perfect English to assist. In hindsight, I made a poor choice with my first course; a poached egg sat atop a mound of fresh crunchy green vegetables was too much for me and boring too. The main course of pork loin served with mashed zucchini and chopped zucchini was "green" overload after the first course, some colour in the way of another winter vegetable like carrots or butternut squash would have been preferred but the meat was perfectly cooked. The dessert of caramel cheesecake was total first class. I paid €40 for a 3 course meal, glass of Sancerre and coffee. I had no change to leave a well deserved tip for the waitress.

The experience was nice and I would have no problems recommending it or going again but with such a small menu, one must appreciate that experiences will vary. They have no signature dishes but basically cook and serve based on what was bought at market and the chef's innovation.

Small restaurant where you can see the food being cooked but you must book. It filled up fast primarily with Parisian locals. Quite a little gem find in the 17th. Nice

2  Thank Onelifeliveit
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Half a dozen visits after our first confirm our extremely favourable initial impressions. But visitors should know this is not your typical bistro or brasserie, with a wide range of choices. It is a tiny place, 28-30 seats max, including four at the counter overlooking the kitchen, with a miniscule menu - two entrees, two plats and two desserts, plus a cheese board. Sergio Diaz-Lino, the patron and chef and his talented sidekicks might be able to rustle up a vegetarian dish if asked but don't bank on it. But what they serve is exceptional, recently a gorgeous veloute of cauliflower, a mackerel entree with paper thin sliced root vegetables, delicate cod on a bed of quinoa, rare beef, moist chicken breast, I could go on. Actually, I almost wish this review went unread because I want to be able to continue to go there whenever in Paris, which is, fortunately, frequently. The Batignolles is off the beaten tourist track at the moment, no small mercy, though stuffy Parisians are beginning to discover that some of the best and most imaginative food in the city can be found in the 17th.

2  Thank FThack
Reviewed 12 February 2017

I visited for lunch. Tables were already occupied but I was lucky to get one seat where I could see how they cook! They have several set menu with affordable price and all tasted well. I also enjoyed conversation with them. Great place for lunch!

1  Thank tkame
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Was looking a true French food experience and I can not say I have had any better experience than this, unreal service old local French people filled the restaurant which in itself says the food is GOOOOOOOOD!

2  Thank Michael M