“Better than ever”

Price range: USD 16 - USD 44
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Half a dozen visits after our first confirm our extremely favourable initial impressions. But visitors should know this is not your typical bistro or brasserie, with a wide range of choices. It is a tiny place, 28-30 seats max, including four at the counter overlooking the kitchen, with a miniscule menu - two entrees, two plats and two desserts, plus a cheese board. Sergio Diaz-Lino, the patron and chef and his talented sidekicks might be able to rustle up a vegetarian dish if asked but don't bank on it. But what they serve is exceptional, recently a gorgeous veloute of cauliflower, a mackerel entree with paper thin sliced root vegetables, delicate cod on a bed of quinoa, rare beef, moist chicken breast, I could go on. Actually, I almost wish this review went unread because I want to be able to continue to go there whenever in Paris, which is, fortunately, frequently. The Batignolles is off the beaten tourist track at the moment, no small mercy, though stuffy Parisians are beginning to discover that some of the best and most imaginative food in the city can be found in the 17th.

3  Thank FThack

Reviewed 12 February 2017

I visited for lunch. Tables were already occupied but I was lucky to get one seat where I could see how they cook! They have several set menu with affordable price and all tasted well. I also enjoyed conversation with them. Great place for lunch!

2  Thank tkame
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Was looking a true French food experience and I can not say I have had any better experience than this, unreal service old local French people filled the restaurant which in itself says the food is GOOOOOOOOD!

2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

simply wonderful food. tasteful starters and delicately cooked to perfection fish main course. quality wines at very reasonable prices. charming, helpful staff.
Un vrai bijou!

2  Thank 68rob
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Hi everyone !!!! On our last brunch we have choosed this tiny restaurant!!! It was a great choice!
They have a daily menu. Service is really polite and helpfull. We took a menu consisting of only a starter and a main dish . Our starters I rate 4/5 . I took some kind of a meatballs and for the girls the had prepared some fish. On the main they served the best sous vide chicken breast in my life...it didn't tasted as a chicken. It had comes with something similar to kus kus but it was much more delicious .
Overally I will be back to this place for sure and rate them 4,5/5 as for now!!!!