“The people running this hotel must really care about it .”
Review of Hotel Monte Carlo

Hotel Monte Carlo
Ranked #1,057 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Form the 2 brass cat door handles to the surprisingly tasteful ceramic pigs on the wall in our room it was
Obvious someone cared about this hotel.the breakfast was I simple affair in a small room but the croissants were good and the coffee worth a second cup. I would definitely stay here again dispite the lack of air con and slight moodiness of the road

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We found this hotel through trip advisor and we're we delighted with it. It's in a fantastic location being close to Monmatre (but not right in the thick of it) with a Metro near by. It has character and the accommodation was comfortable, clean and functional - the shower was particularly good - just what you need after a day exploring the city. Staff are friendly and helpful. We actually preferred it to the more expensive Hotel we stayed in last time we visited Paris. We will be going back on our next trip to Paris.

Room Tip: make sure you pick on-suite. We also had a room over looking courtyard which was more expensive but...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Spent 3 nights there and the hotel is located in touristy area. It's a 10-15 min walk to the more quiet and so beautiful Montmartre (past the Moulin Rouge and going up). Metro is very close and convenient.
Thought the hotel was dark and the decor a bit weird (dark purple in the tiny bathroom). They have rules reg. guests visiting (no one past 8PM, I think) and the staff was nice enough. Can't understand why they don't use a "do not disturb sign" to hang on the doorknob, which lead to cleaning lady entering room without knocking.
Skip the breakfast at the hotel and walk for a bit for there are tons of little cafes around.
Room was bigger than the previous hotel I was staying at, which was nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Monte Carlo with my sister. We had a twin room and as others have said, the room was quite small, but I know to expect this in Paris. The location of the hotel is excellent -- very close to multiple metro lines and within walking distance of lots of sights including the Louvre and the Sacré-Cœur Basilica.

Our room had comfortable furnishings and pleasant decor but would have been improved with better lighting, especially in the bathroom. The bathroom would also be improved by simply adding hooks or something similar to hang a towel or robe. You could also hear everything in the hallway and on the street, but my sister and I didn't mind too much.

The hotel staff was fine but definitely could have been more friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. For example, when I asked where the nearest FNAC was since I wanted to avoid lines and buy tickets to the Louvre there (which I had done only a few months ago when I was last in Paris), they told me I could only purchase tickets for the Museum Pass at FNAC and that the line at the Louvre would only be 20 min long. They were wrong on both accounts -- tickets to the Louvre can be purchased at FNAC (http://www.louvre.fr/en/online-tickets) and the line was far longer than 20 min!!

Also, we were disappointed not to see the hotel cats that other reviewers have commented on!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
hotelMonteCarloParis, Owner at Hotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Your opinion is very impotant for us. We are very grateful you value so positively your stay at our hotel. We regret this misunderstanding with the Louvre ticket. In fact, to go to FNAC, to make the line there to buy a ticket, after to go to the Museum of Louvre may take much more time than to go directly to the Louvre. Thank you again for your feedback- this will help us in our work! Welcome back to Hotel Monte Carlo!”

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My wife and I spent 6 nights at Hotel Monte Carlo in February. We were attracted by the central location and the quirky decor. We were very pleased with this hotel.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Upon checking in, the front desk clerk gave us a great orientation on the amenities available at the hotel and in the surrounding area as well as the easiest way to get to all the attractions.

The surrounding area is very interesting with many stores, restaurants and especially the shops in the nearby Passage Jouffroy. The Metro is just around the corner, but we spent a lot of our time walking. Besides being a short walk from Opera Garnier and Galeries Lafayette, there are many neighbourhoods nearby to stroll through. And the Louvre is just a 30 minute walk away.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. We had a room facing the courtyard and it was very quiet. There is breakfast for an extra charge but we opted instead to visit one of the several places nearby to get a bite in the morning. The hotel room itself was small but not cramped. The shower didn't have a door or curtain and I never did figure out how to not flood the bathroom while showering. But my wife managed to figure it out so I know it's possible.

The Hotel Monte Carlo offers a friendly and comfortable place to stay in a convenient area in one of the greatest cities in the world for a very reasonable price. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelMonteCarloParis, Owner at Hotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guests,
It is a pleasure to know that your enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It encourages us to continue working with passion and to make our guests feel at home. Thank you for your review! We would be happy to welcome you again!