“Perfect location and atmosphere, Paris right on...”
other travellers have booked this property
living room living room
bathroom
bathroom
kitchen and mezzanine
outside view
A Good Bordeaux up in the sky. Isn't it romantic?
View from the balcony of the 800 year-old church in a pedestrian area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Spanish first
Any
Sightseer...
“Perfect location and atmosphere, Paris right on your doorstep”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

What a fabulous place to stay. Really easy to book, the kind owner was extremely friendly and helpful when we needed to make a slight change during the busy Christmas period.
Only a few meters walk from the Metro and RER which takes you directly to Charles de Gaul airport. Even though the area is a bit of a bustly tourist area, the apartment is amazingly silent. We didn't sample any of the downstairs food outlets preferring to go further afield, and it was only a 2 minute walk to some of the most delicious cheese, meats, seafood and bread and patisserie shops. There is also a Monoprix (supermarket) about a 5 minute walk which stocked everything a person could want. The climb to the apartment was not an issue at all, and it was delightful to be up so high, able to see the top of the Eiffel Tower and the stunning St. Severin church and all its gargoyles.
Notre Dame is literally just around the corner and never ceased to be a delight when we came and went from the apartment. As the apartment is so incredibly central, you can literally walk everywhere which was fabulous.
The apartment itself was well heated and being bohemian in style and comfort was a treat. My kids loved sleeping in the loft style mezzanine area, and our bed was extremely comfortable. Our only issue was that as we are all pretty tall, we continually bumped our heads on the gorgeous rustic and beautiful old beams. Once we got used to the height issue, there was no problem.
This apartment is a real treat and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to people who wish to stay in Paris for a week or so.

10 Jan 2017
Wow! Thank you sooo much! I The year cound not start better than this perfect review. I am glad you loved your stay in this unique place. You have been extremely gentle people, leaving the appartment in mint condition. I am glad to read that you truly enjoyed your trip to Paris, and that I somehow contributed to your enchantment. Thanks so much, and, hopefully, we'll meet again in future!
Best personal regards,
Destinati...
“Excellent apartment”
Reviewed 13 November 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The apartment suited our family requirements. Close all attractions. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Thanks for an excellent stay.

Travelling group: Extended Family
14 Nov 2016
Thanks for your kind words! I'll be very glad to host you again.
Best!
_obpeg
Belmar, New Jersey
“Perfect location, ancient charm, modern amenities”
Reviewed 29 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This apartment is in the perfect location for exploring Paris and beyond - convenient by walking, metro, RER, Intercities Rail. The Latin Quarter is richly diverse with hundreds of bars/restaurants to choose from with cuisine from around the globe. Yes, there is a constant buzz/vibe on the streets but the apartment being on the fifth floor is private and quiet. The apartment is an engineering marvel i.e. an amazing mix of ancient charm and modern amenities. The beds are comfortable, the kitchen well stocked and the living space ample and charming. The toilet being down a few narrow curved steps was a bit of a challenge depending on how much wine we had for dinner. The 100 steps up only meant I could skip my workout! I would happily return.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
14 Nov 2016
Thanks Margaret! It is super kind of you to write all this. Making my guests comfortable and happy is my goal, and reading this kind of review really makes my day! I'll be happy to welcome you again in future.
Best regards,
techgrrl
British Columbia
“Fantastic garret in the Latin quarter”
Reviewed 29 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Location, location, location. Great spot for a two week stay in Paris. Amazingly quiet and comfortable with all modern conveniences. Having a washer/dryer combo made it possible to travel lightly. Four friends traveled to Paris together and others flew or drove to visit us for a few days at a time. The space was great for us four, and even allowed two friends to stay for a weekend. Lots of hot water for showers or baths. Tons of towels and bed linens. JF and Martine were a pleasure to deal with. The beds are comfortable although you cannot sit up in the loft beds. Great internet connection and TV. We cooked breakfast and dinner most nights. Even made Julia Child's beouf bourginon. Monoprix is a couple of blocks away and there is a small supermarket nearby. Metro and train around the corner. St. Severin cafe is across the street, very reasonable and the food is good. Not all nearby restaurants are good.Be discerning. The stairs are challenging but we feel healthier now. Thank you JF and Martine.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Stairs
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
14 Nov 2016
You guys were really cool and seemed to have a great time at the apartment. It's always fun to see people enjoy themselves so much!
Thanks for your kind comments,
halo_zand...
Kent, Washington
“Amazing Location”
Reviewed 23 July 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I was nervous about booking this place because the pictures on the website aren't great, but I'm glad we took a chance.

The location is perfect. The metro stop is a very short walk from the apartment. We didn't rent a car and had no trouble getting to and from the airport and to Versailles and Disneyland Paris or any other location in the city. Notre Dame is right around the corner!

The apartment was the perfect sized for my husband and I and our 10-year-old son. He had no trouble climbing up to the loft.

The apartment had almost everything we needed. There were no wine glasses, which I found odd. A wine shop owner gave us some, but we brought them home with us. The washer/dryer worked fine once I found the English directions for it. There are lots of guidebooks on the bookshelves which we found very helpful.

Our only complaints would be the low bathroom ceiling and the slippery stairs. My husband is 6'3" and had to hunch over to stand at the bathroom sink. I tried to slink over to the tub, but didn't think it would be practical for anyone to actually use the tub. The toilet is at the stairs landing and there's no sink in that room, so you have to go back up the stairs and wash your hands. The carpeted stairs inside the apartment are very slippery and I fell a couple times. I wouldn't recommend older people or very young children use the stairs without assistance. There are 114 stairs total from the street to the main level of the apartment. This is something to consider when making your plans for the day. No one wants to just run up to get something. Make sure you have everything with you that you will need for the day when you leave.

Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely recommend this place if you want to save some money, have more room that at a hotel, and want to easily navigate the city.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: walking up the steps
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Jul 2016
Dear Zandria,
Thanks for your review. You are not the first one to mention the number of stairs, but one of the few to mention the low ceiling in the bathroom. I'm sorry if your husband had a hard time with it. Slippery floor... what can I say? Maybe that a 2 centuries old wooden floor requires regular care, and that you have rented right after we waxed it. Thanks for the suggestion of the sink in the toilets, I will do something about it. Overall, thanks for your positive comments. I hope to welcome you again in the future.
JF
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing