“Perfect location, ancient charm, modern amenities”
other travellers have booked this property
living room living room
bathroom
bathroom
kitchen and mezzanine
outside view
A Good Bordeaux up in the sky. Isn't it romantic?
View from the balcony of the 800 year-old church in a pedestrian area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
_obpeg
Belmar, New Jersey
“Perfect location, ancient charm, modern amenities”
Reviewed 29 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This apartment is in the perfect location for exploring Paris and beyond - convenient by walking, metro, RER, Intercities Rail. The Latin Quarter is richly diverse with hundreds of bars/restaurants to choose from with cuisine from around the globe. Yes, there is a constant buzz/vibe on the streets but the apartment being on the fifth floor is private and quiet. The apartment is an engineering marvel i.e. an amazing mix of ancient charm and modern amenities. The beds are comfortable, the kitchen well stocked and the living space ample and charming. The toilet being down a few narrow curved steps was a bit of a challenge depending on how much wine we had for dinner. The 100 steps up only meant I could skip my workout! I would happily return.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
14 Nov 2016
Thanks Margaret! It is super kind of you to write all this. Making my guests comfortable and happy is my goal, and reading this kind of review really makes my day! I'll be happy to welcome you again in future.
Best regards,
techgrrl
British Columbia
“Fantastic garret in the Latin quarter”
Reviewed 29 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Location, location, location. Great spot for a two week stay in Paris. Amazingly quiet and comfortable with all modern conveniences. Having a washer/dryer combo made it possible to travel lightly. Four friends traveled to Paris together and others flew or drove to visit us for a few days at a time. The space was great for us four, and even allowed two friends to stay for a weekend. Lots of hot water for showers or baths. Tons of towels and bed linens. JF and Martine were a pleasure to deal with. The beds are comfortable although you cannot sit up in the loft beds. Great internet connection and TV. We cooked breakfast and dinner most nights. Even made Julia Child's beouf bourginon. Monoprix is a couple of blocks away and there is a small supermarket nearby. Metro and train around the corner. St. Severin cafe is across the street, very reasonable and the food is good. Not all nearby restaurants are good.Be discerning. The stairs are challenging but we feel healthier now. Thank you JF and Martine.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Stairs
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
14 Nov 2016
You guys were really cool and seemed to have a great time at the apartment. It's always fun to see people enjoy themselves so much!
Thanks for your kind comments,
halo_zand...
Kent, Washington
“Amazing Location”
Reviewed 23 July 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I was nervous about booking this place because the pictures on the website aren't great, but I'm glad we took a chance.

The location is perfect. The metro stop is a very short walk from the apartment. We didn't rent a car and had no trouble getting to and from the airport and to Versailles and Disneyland Paris or any other location in the city. Notre Dame is right around the corner!

The apartment was the perfect sized for my husband and I and our 10-year-old son. He had no trouble climbing up to the loft.

The apartment had almost everything we needed. There were no wine glasses, which I found odd. A wine shop owner gave us some, but we brought them home with us. The washer/dryer worked fine once I found the English directions for it. There are lots of guidebooks on the bookshelves which we found very helpful.

Our only complaints would be the low bathroom ceiling and the slippery stairs. My husband is 6'3" and had to hunch over to stand at the bathroom sink. I tried to slink over to the tub, but didn't think it would be practical for anyone to actually use the tub. The toilet is at the stairs landing and there's no sink in that room, so you have to go back up the stairs and wash your hands. The carpeted stairs inside the apartment are very slippery and I fell a couple times. I wouldn't recommend older people or very young children use the stairs without assistance. There are 114 stairs total from the street to the main level of the apartment. This is something to consider when making your plans for the day. No one wants to just run up to get something. Make sure you have everything with you that you will need for the day when you leave.

Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely recommend this place if you want to save some money, have more room that at a hotel, and want to easily navigate the city.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: walking up the steps
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Jul 2016
Dear Zandria,
Thanks for your review. You are not the first one to mention the number of stairs, but one of the few to mention the low ceiling in the bathroom. I'm sorry if your husband had a hard time with it. Slippery floor... what can I say? Maybe that a 2 centuries old wooden floor requires regular care, and that you have rented right after we waxed it. Thanks for the suggestion of the sink in the toilets, I will do something about it. Overall, thanks for your positive comments. I hope to welcome you again in the future.
Lucy H
“Great location, cosy and clean”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I went with 3 of my friends - although a double bed and two singles on the mez were provided, we found it was too hot to sleep on the mez so we discovered the sofa bed which proved to be more comfortable. There is a kettle, bath, shower, fridge etc. All you need from a holiday apartment. Location was the best part.. Well worth your money

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
19 Jul 2016
Dear Lucy, thanks for your review. I put my heart in this place, and I feel so rewarded when people love their stay!
Come back!
227Lori
Kaz
“Great location, interesting loft apartment”
Reviewed 28 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

As the other reviewers have noted, you cannot beat the location of this apartment. Very close to the Saint Michel metro and within walking distance to Paris 'greatest hits'. Because we read previous reviews, we were prepared for the several flights of stairs to the apartment entrance, and the quirky flavour of its living space. We are a family of 6 and while it was tight, we were comfortable there and happy to have access to a kitchen, dishwasher, bathtub, TV, and oven. Our teenagers slept above the kitchen in the mezzanine, and our two younger kids slept in the pull out couch, which was plenty big for them.

Martine was great - friendly and professional, and both her and the owner responded to our emails in a timely manner. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, apartment amenities
Liked least: low ceilings, only one toilet
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
29 Mar 2016
Thanks Lori for this great comment.
Some 4 stars cpmments are worth 5!
Best regards,
JF
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing