Open today: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm

from USD 75.98
from USD 87.98
from USD 95.83
6,080 results
All reviews modern art top floor permanent collection museum pass art lovers audio guide eiffel tower escalator exhibits kandinsky artists mondrian library queue georges century architect
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2019

amazing building. eclectic collections.. restaurant on top floor is really beautiful. fabulous views of the whole city..

1  Thank leslie p
Reviewed 23 May 2019 via mobile

I prefer modern to classical art, so Pompidou beats Lourve for me. A giant collection of all the famous names - klee, miro, picasso, rothko, warhol, giacometti, de kooning, pollock, mondrian, kusama et al

My must-visit whenever i’m in paris

Not that crowded so you don’t have to queue 1 hour like the lourve

4  Thank bcheong
Reviewed 22 May 2019

Been to the Centre Pompidou many times and have seen amazing shows there including Walker Evans, Sheila Hicks, Jeff Koons, Cesar, etc.....but this time went to see the "Prehistoire" exhibit. For me the jaw-dropping pieces were the very, very, very old examples. Hard to believe we actually have found and preserved items that old. But the premise of the show....modern artist influenced by primitive art fell flat. I saw a similar show at the Quai Branly two winters ago that I felt was better done. It actually had examples from Picasso's own private collection of primitive art that was reminiscent of works he himself had done. At the Centre Pompidou, the premise was about how some modern art seemed inspired by primitive pieces....for me a more tenuous and curator's subjective connection. But still interesting....maybe if I hadn't seen the Quai Branly show it would have bothered me much less. Anyway, always a great place to go even if to wander through their permanent collection. Buy your ticket in advance to avoid any line!

1  Thank TravelNotDone
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

This review is about the experience of a disabled person. We came here to eat at about 8 in the afternoon. We were in a side entrance which they refused to open because it opens at 9 as they said, so we had walk about 300 meters in a badly paved road. This was terribly difficult for my father who uses a cane to walk. When we finally reached the restaurant we asked for a wheelchair and they looked for one for about an hour. Finally they told us that they don't have one. I am not gonna comment on the food, which was mediocre at best, cause it's beside my point. We had really terrible experience and if you are a person with disabilities I strongly recommend that you avoid this place.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank lambrosa694
Reviewed 12 May 2019 via mobile

Good gallery. But. We’ve spent two hours and a half in the queue to exhibition though we’ve bought the tickets online. So if you want to go there go in the morning. Otherwise be ready to spend your time in the crowd for rather long time. The exhibition were great except for the one, mostly visited. Here maybe something I don’t understand about modern art. But other galleries were amazing! Overall the experience was positive:)

2  Thank Sofya_Pernat