See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I booked for 9 nights but ran away after 2.The room was tiny, very poorly furnished as were all the other parts of the hotel with furniture found I think on the streets. Unpleasent stuff, The guy who was there couldn't care less. The breakfast was bad too. It should be a 0 star hotel and should be half the price they charge .
On there site they show a cave like othentic dining room, etc......nice indeed but these pictures are from some other hotel !!!!! It is not here!!!!! in the pictures everything looks nice but it is realy not
DO NOT COME TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!! THERE ARE MANY OTHER HOTELS !!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Stayed here with work and they will not be using this hotel again. The rooms are not very clean and things seem to fall off the wall when you try top use them. The walls are paper thin and the wifi only works if you have a room on the first floor. The reception seems more interested in chatting to their friends than serving you. The neighbourhood seemed nice though and went to a nice bar round the corner so would maybe look or another hotel in this area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank fluffkinfairy
Reviewed 1 October 2010

What i liked about this hotel:
- located in a decent neighborhood
- helpful personnel
- free wifi in the room
- comfortable bed
- computer with internet in lobby

What i didnt like:
- very noisy, you can hear every sound
- wifi in the room is unstable (tip: if you have no connection ask receptionist to reboot the router, big one on reception desk, then it must work again)
- little space in the room
- payment in advance
- overpriced

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank glamour85
Reviewed 24 May 2009

The staff were very polite and helpful. It is also in a convenient location, just a few blocks from the metro at La Place Republique.

It was our first trip to Paris. I was prepared for a smaller room compared to North American standards. However, I could not recommend this hotel unless your only other option is to stay in a hostel. Faded and deteriorating 80's decor, a very tired old bed, peeling floor laminate and holes in the ceiling. The walls are so thin, my husband jumped out of bed a few times, thinking someone was trying to open our door when in fact they were trying to get in the room next door. There is no bathtub and the shower stall is so SMALL that l I hit my head on the faucet trying to retrieve a fallen bar of soap. The shower curtain stuck to my body when it got wet ( I am 5'1'', 110 lbs). I'm talkin SMALL!

We were booked for a 7 night stay but we changed hotels after the 4th day (the soonest one was available). We laugh about it now, but please spare yourself if you can afford it.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2009

We stayed in the Leonard for 4 days in april 2009. It is located closely to the Metro 3 exit "Parmentiers" at walking distance. I found it easily reachable and from there you can quickly reach the centre and the tourist attractions.

The hotel outside looks luxurious, but that is only the outside. The rooms are very poor and small from what i can judge. We stayed in room 102 and this is really a single room with a double bed. I could turn of the light just from reaching with my arm from the middle of the bed....

I think the whole atmosphere of this hotel is to cash-in the money in an easy way. The rooms are not maintained nicely and the french-only staff does not seem to care.
It looks and feels dodgy. With 85 euro/double room it confirms this.
Also our booking was cancelled at arrival. But the lady at the reception arranged another room (although it was fully booked she said). Here english was so-so.

The double bed was nice and comfortable. That was a plus and it was made everyday. The towels were changed everyday, but we did not get new soap/shampoo. Only the first day when we arrived.
On saturday afternoon the warm water broke down. It was restored on sunday evening!!. I went to complain but the french staff guy insisted speaking french only. At least on sunday evening it worked again.

There is wireless internet available but you need to ask for the password.
The TV (with 5 channels) is french ONLY !!!... ridiculous.

The Bathroom is absolutely small, and the shower it CRAMPED. You cannot not turn in the shower without turning off the water and getting strangled by the shower curtain, which sticks onto you all the time... bad bad bad.

I really dont have high standards, since i am visiting Paris and are mostly outdoors, but i did not like to go back to this small claustrophobic room after being outdoors..

I would not go back there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple