All reviews luxembourg gardens latin quarter great location notre dame per night rooms are small yogurt would definitely stay here again elevator
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I don't like to write completely awful reviews, unless I feel that I received truly abysmal service. So, I'll try to be fair here.
If you are traveling on a shoestring budget, and you are also considering location, then this hotel is for you. It's in the Latin Quarter, just a stones throw from the Pantheon. The Metro is around the corner near the Gardens of Luxembourg. That's where all things nice to say end.
The rooms are tight, to say the least. Whoever designed the bathroom apparently never went to school to learn the craft. The toilet is directly in front of the door. Barely having enough room to sit, your knees would hit the door upon closing, that's if you could get the door to close. Tile on the bathroom floor and around the basin were cracking or falling apart. The shower was quite deceptive, looked roomy from the outside, but once in and the doors closed, it was a tight fit. This hotel does Not have air conditioning, even though it was cool outside, the room felt very hot at night. The windows do open, to let the cool air in, however, that also lets in All the noise from the street level. I did ask for a fan, after explanining the room felt hot, to which one of the front desk personnel replied, if you want a/c then you should go outside. Later that evening. I asked the late night front desk agent for a fan. His reply was that all the fans had been locked up in the basement, as summer had ended. He did say he would see about getting one and calling the room to let me know he had one. About an hour later, the power to the hotel had gone out. Just the hotel, nowhere else. I went downstairs to see what was happening, he was at the desk, said only that it went out, and that it should be back soon. It was back on about 30 minutes later. I never did get that fan, and I suspect he never went to look for it. If you are there with others, or with anyone elderly, be warned, the elevator was more like a dumb waiter, it had to be the smallest elevator I had ever seen between Paris and Rome. Upon arrival to the room, there was just 1 small round soap, didn't last long, and was never replaced/restocked by the maid. Rather than waste my time asking, I found a store (MonoPrix), and bought my own soap.
If your ONLY concerns are rate, and location, go for it. Personally, I do not think I'll be returning here any time soon.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, start saving your money. Paris is Never a cheap place to stay, and remember, you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for just 2 nights in mid August. The hotel is very close to the Luxembourg metro + bus stations - it was only about 3 stops to Paris - Gare du Nord. The hotel is also walking distance from sights like Notre Dame, the Louvre, the Pantheon. The Jardin du Luxembourg and Palais du Luxembourg are right next door too. Further sights like the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Sacre Coeur are about a 30 minute bus ride away. The hotel is also situated in the very pretty Latin Quarter where you'll find lots of pleasant boulangeries, restaurants and cafés.

The rooms are clean, well lit and modern. The bed was large and comfortable, and there were lots of power points by the bed and around the room.

However, this hotel is very cramped in the corridors, the rooms , and the lift. The lift is barely big enough for one person + a bag, however we were lucky to have a room on the 1st floor. The corridors are also very cramped, but this means the rooms can be larger.

The rooms are very close together, and it can be noisy when people are moving around. The rooms themselves are quite small, but it's more than okay for a quick city break for a few nights. There is a small desk and a small tv, as well as a small rack to hang clothes up. The shower was powerful but quite small.

Nevertheless, we would come again for a few nights because of the location, the cleanliness, and the comfortable beds.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
bresilhotel, Gérant at Hotel du Bresil, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Hi,

sorry that you have small room

i recommend you the 602 the next time

you ll really enjoy it

( but the lift will still the same )

cordially

Karim

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed a weekend in August and just thought this little hotel was excellent. Yes it's small and the bathrooms are tight to say the least but this only added to the character of the hotel. Staff were friendly and unintrusive. We paid £220 for 3 nights with no breakfast. The location in the latin quarter is perfect. We will one day return to paris and would happily book the hotel du bresil again. We stayed in room 103 and found the Wi-Fi connection flawless. Cheap cheerful clean and safe neighbourhood all big positives for this little hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi

hope you ar fine

it will be a pleasure to see you again

Cordially

Karim

Reviewed 14 June 2017

This is a budget hotel at a great location. The rooms are very small (big enough for a double bed to fit) but they have been reformated and also the bathrooms are new. The elevator is tiny but enough for one person and luggage. If I go back to Paris I will probably come back.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for 4 days. The staff were great and the beds very comfortable. The room and bathroom were very adequate. We stayed in the handicap accessible room and it is a little louder than most rooms. I would absolutely stay here again, but I would want another room. The only thing that would make it better would be a mini fridge, but this is only 2 stars. Location is spectacular. 3 minute walk to metro and bus line. 15 minutes to Notre Dame.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family