All reviews luxembourg gardens latin quarter great location notre dame per night rooms are small yogurt would definitely stay here again elevator
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at the Hotel du Bresil in early September, 2013. It is in an excellent location, near the Luxembourg RER B station, with quick metro access to all parts of Paris, and even Versailles. The location is superior. During our six night stay, we met four of the desk clerks and each one was friendly, courteous and extremely helpful with questions about Paris. The room was small (perhaps even "tiny") by American standards, but the beds were comfortable, the linens were clean and the room was cleaned each day. The bathroom also was small, but it was modern, clean, and had hot water and fresh towels each day. We spent most of our time from 7:30 am to evening in Paris seeing the sights. We did not spend much time in the room itself, except to sleep. In summary, it was a perfect place from which to see Paris at an economical price.

Room Tip: If you need a larger room, ask for the Superior room. We choice the standard twin room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2013

As a single traveller, I had one of the smaller rooms, but believe me, in Paris, I've had smaller (and far less pleasant). Everything was very clean and looked newly reburbished -- the bathroom was actually surprisingly trendy for an old hotel. That said, the shower in this particular room is very tiny, with a sliding door that only opens about a foot. Fine for me, but I don't think a very large person would be able to get in it at all, even sideways, let alone move once he had. However, that was really the only negative -- wifi worked great even on the upper floors and I could even plug a USB stick into the telly and watch movies, which was a rare and very very welcome surprise for France (I've stayed in 4 star hotels where you couldn't do that. And the showers were equally small :) If you want something affordable in this location, a tough search if you're travelling alone, you really can't do better (Hotel de Senlis, which is around the corner and about the same price, isn't terrible, but I'd definitely choose this over that.)

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms have no view, but are wonderfully quiet. May be worth it if you're a light sleeper, especially if you like to keep a window open at night -- the quartier is pretty noisy otherwise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fiona S
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Me and my partner stayed at Hotel Du Bresil in July of 2013.

Pros:
-Fantastic location (walking distance to Notre Dame and the Lourve
-Clean room with a beautiful window looking out onto the streets
-Friendly and helpful reception workers (however we had some language barriers)

Cons:
-Small rooms (we couldn't really find a space big enough to put both of our bags on the floor)
-Very small bathroom- but fine
-Broken shower head

Overall a very a wonderful stay in Paris and very good value for money. I would recommend a room on the first floor- its much more convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tess A
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Travelled with friends. We had 4 rooms and all had seen better days. The carpet smelt terrible and none of the rooms had space to swing a cat. Room security was key locks. Rooms did not have a safe. Reception staff totally inattentive as too busy watching Jurassic Park. Continental breakfast was pathetic. It consisted of a baguette, a croissant and a yoghourt. The staircase was awkward and curved, the lift outdated and could only carry two persons. Renovation works were being carried out through the night. The shower was smaller than than a coffin. Avoid like the plague!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Addicks10
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Great location: Latin quarter is perfect, clean streets, cultural people, a lot of different cafe and restaurants around. Hotel is enough close to the main Paris sights. Nice staff, which always was ready to help us. Rooms were small, but very clean and rather comfortable. Is is not the cheapest hotel in paris, but it worth the cost. I'll stay here if I'll visit Paris again.

Excuse me for my English)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple