Hotel Ampere Paris
USD 348*
USD 244*
USD 220*
  • Restaurant
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
USD 368*
USD 329*
  • Bar/Lounge
USD 235*
USD 226*
1,360 results
All reviewsampere hotelarc de triomphepereire metro stationgreat hotelviking cruisel'occitane productsminute walkgarden viewseparate toiletgood sizereception staffcomfy bedaround the cornerbooked this hoteleiffel towerlots of restaurantscroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Ampere for 3 nights during December 2011. The staff were very friendly and the hotel was modern, clean and inviting.

Our room was a good size for a city hotel and overlooked the beer garden to the rear. We did not experience any noise from adjoining rooms, and the well lined curtains and automatic shutter kept the light out to ensure optimum sleep time.

The location of the hotel is great. A 4 minute walk takes you to the Pereire metro (Line 3) and Pereire-Levallois (Line C) RER stations. The area around the hotel is quiet, but not dead. There are shops, restaurants and bars all nearby - a great place to relax after a good long walk around the city during the day. If you want a more lively area, you may wish to look at hotels in the Latin Quarter of the city.

It takes approximately 20 minutes to walk to Avenue des Champs-Élysées, but if you want to save your legs, you can hop on the metro and be there after a few changes (if it's wet, the metro is a life saver). If you want to brave the rain like we did on our first night, the Hotel is happy to provide you with a decent umbrella to keep you dry.

If you are after a 4* hotel with exceptional value and a good base to explore Paris, Hotel Ampere is a great choice. Go for it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WeHaveMusic
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in September 2011. During this time I had a problem with my room. I conveyed my concern to the manager and he said to see him upon check -out and he would give me a 75 euro credit. I in fact did receive what I thought was a credit receipt. When I checked my credit card bill, I found that they had actually charged me for the 75 euro. I send a number of e-mails expressing my concern and that now they owed me two credits. One for the original I was due and one for the charge. I pro ceded to call the hotel and spoke to the manager and was told that one credit was issued, which it was, and he would process the other immediately for the other 75 euro I was do.This was on December 20 and I have yet to receive my credit. Although the hotel was okay, their credibility is questionable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ron B
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Was in Paris for 3 days Nov 15-18th on business and really enjoyed the hotel.Very clean and quiet.Met co-workers from allover the world and we all enjoyed the very smart service and accomadating staff.Stayed in room 49A overlooking Rue Ampere and it was very nice and quiet. The breakfast at 17 Euros was nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank icktuz
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We moved here from the Hotel we had booked previously, the contrast was amazing, even though the price wasn't very different. As soon as we walked into the lobby it was very obvious that this was a high standard hotel with great customer service.
We could not have been happier with the room, which was as nice as you could ever hope for. It felt like total luxury. Lovely soft carpets, sparkling clean tiles, soft snuggly robes and great attention to detail. We didn't want to leave the room! The bed was out of this world, the pillows and the duvet were amazing, and not having to check out till midday gave us more time to enjoy it than many hotels allow, and even so it was still a strain to leave.
The location was great, a nice range of local bars and restaurants in a quiet area, with the metro 2 mins walk and only 20 minutes walk to the Arc de Triomphe.
We would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Having read previous trip advisor reviews I was a bit concerned that this hotel may be a lot further out than advertised on their website - but was actually pleasantly surprised! We flew into Orly and it took about 20-30 minutes in a taxi to reach the hotel. The perriere area where the hotel is located is nice and chic and so much quieter than the opera areas etc and the champs elysees! After hours spent on foot battling through the crowds it was a bit of a blessing to come back to Perriere and the quiet hotel!

We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a junior suite which was a great size considering hotel rooms are always notoriously small in Paris. Bed was huge (two twins pushed together) and quite comfy. Beyond expensive mini bar (standard) and nice views of the parisian street below. Only criticism of the room would be the tiles in the bathroom - which was basically a wet room with bath AND a huge shower (rarity) but they seemed to be slightly unstable and in desperate need of resealing/regrouting! The l'occtaine products were a lovely touch though, as were the macaroons in a hotel ampere box!

Staff all seemed very friendly and gave us maps etc which we constantly used throughout our stay. We went to Disneyland for the day and used the train which took about 40 minutes on the RAR - would definitely recommend this! The hotel also offered us the chance to prebook tickets there but we had booked them before we got to Paris. The main sights are about a 20 minute - 30 minute walk away, depending on your pace - staff will give you directions and its a really pleasant walk down a pretty much straight road!

TOP TIP: Don't get the hotel breakfast! Although everything is expensive in Paris..what is offered for 17 euros is definitely not worth it! You can get much better value in a patisserie in Perriere about 3 minutes walk from the hotel!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a junior suite for more space - standard rooms look a bit small on website?
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple