“Great room”

Ranked #197 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Great room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here at the end of October 2011 and the hotel was a real surprise. I was not expecting the quality and the cleanliness of the room, it was quiet, very well designed and the staff were friendly
There was no hot food available in the Hotel at the time, which I thought was odd.
The location is a little far from the center/hot spots, but Paris is best discovered by foot and there are a number of Metro stations around the area.
I probably wouldn't recommened to first time Paris visitors but it's a perfect get-a-way hotel and I will definitely return on many more trips to the city.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank lola s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Ampere for 3 nights during December 2011. The staff were very friendly and the hotel was modern, clean and inviting.

Our room was a good size for a city hotel and overlooked the beer garden to the rear. We did not experience any noise from adjoining rooms, and the well lined curtains and automatic shutter kept the light out to ensure optimum sleep time.

The location of the hotel is great. A 4 minute walk takes you to the Pereire metro (Line 3) and Pereire-Levallois (Line C) RER stations. The area around the hotel is quiet, but not dead. There are shops, restaurants and bars all nearby - a great place to relax after a good long walk around the city during the day. If you want a more lively area, you may wish to look at hotels in the Latin Quarter of the city.

It takes approximately 20 minutes to walk to Avenue des Champs-Élysées, but if you want to save your legs, you can hop on the metro and be there after a few changes (if it's wet, the metro is a life saver). If you want to brave the rain like we did on our first night, the Hotel is happy to provide you with a decent umbrella to keep you dry.

If you are after a 4* hotel with exceptional value and a good base to explore Paris, Hotel Ampere is a great choice. Go for it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WeHaveMusic
Mason, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in September 2011. During this time I had a problem with my room. I conveyed my concern to the manager and he said to see him upon check -out and he would give me a 75 euro credit. I in fact did receive what I thought was a credit receipt. When I checked my credit card bill, I found that they had actually charged me for the 75 euro. I send a number of e-mails expressing my concern and that now they owed me two credits. One for the original I was due and one for the charge. I pro ceded to call the hotel and spoke to the manager and was told that one credit was issued, which it was, and he would process the other immediately for the other 75 euro I was do.This was on December 20 and I have yet to receive my credit. Although the hotel was okay, their credibility is questionable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ron B
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Was in Paris for 3 days Nov 15-18th on business and really enjoyed the hotel.Very clean and quiet.Met co-workers from allover the world and we all enjoyed the very smart service and accomadating staff.Stayed in room 49A overlooking Rue Ampere and it was very nice and quiet. The breakfast at 17 Euros was nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank icktuz
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We moved here from the Hotel we had booked previously, the contrast was amazing, even though the price wasn't very different. As soon as we walked into the lobby it was very obvious that this was a high standard hotel with great customer service.
We could not have been happier with the room, which was as nice as you could ever hope for. It felt like total luxury. Lovely soft carpets, sparkling clean tiles, soft snuggly robes and great attention to detail. We didn't want to leave the room! The bed was out of this world, the pillows and the duvet were amazing, and not having to check out till midday gave us more time to enjoy it than many hotels allow, and even so it was still a strain to leave.
The location was great, a nice range of local bars and restaurants in a quiet area, with the metro 2 mins walk and only 20 minutes walk to the Arc de Triomphe.
We would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple