“Classy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
San Clemente, California
“Classy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was my second stay here, and it was very nice. First, the location is just excellent. About two blocks form the Palais Garnier - Opera, which is convenient for using the Air France bus to and from CDG (cost 10 Euros). Lots of luxury jewelry stores and other shops along Rue de la Paix, incuding the Ritz hotel. I went for a late night stroll both nights (weather in late February was surprisingly nice, a little brisk but not cold). The Place de la Concorde is a few blocks south west, and I got to see the Eiffel Tower twinkling through a slight layer of fog.

Back to the hotel - I am a Diamond member with Hyatt, and I was upgraded from a junior suite to an executive suite, which was really nice - basically two adjoining rooms, with a living room area on one side and a bedroom area on the other side. And two full bathrooms. Also, received a nice bottle of Bordeaux and a small box of 4 chocolates;aas a welcome amenity. Internet was free for Diamons members, but is 19 euros per day otherwise.

Had breakfast both mornings. Had the American breakfast / buffet in Les Orchidess one morning and had breakfast in my room on the second morning. Breakfast was complimentary as Diamond, but otherwise is 48 euros.

The room was a little too warm for me, and even with the heat turned off, I slept with the windows open both nights. My room opened to a couryard below, so no street noise at all.

The bathrooms are really nice - all marble, with a decent sized tub and a separate shower area. Actually the shower and a vanity is behind a glass door and both are adjacent to the tub - basically a wet area. Very nice thick towels and nice size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. Towel warmer was a nice touch. Robes, slippers provided. Also an umbrella was available, but fortunately I didn't need it during my stay.

Mini bar has a nice variety of drinks and a small number of food items, and is very expensive - 12 euros for a coke or a beer (33 cL), 6 euros for a small can of pringles or a regular size container of TicTacs, 12 euros for a small container of nuts or candies.

There is a lot of staff at this hotel, and all are very friendly and professional. Everyone speaks perfect English and even understands my high school level French!

Had dinner at the restaurant Pur on my second night. Had the 5 course menu with wine. Delicious food and great service.

Communicated with the concierge prior to arrival to secure reservations at Pur as well as other reservations elsewhere in the city. All requests were handled promptly and efficiently, and with a friendly sense of humor.

All in all, a great hotel in a great city. And pricey but first class.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Tanq K
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated the service of our staff.

Needless to say that a follow up of your comments has been done with the departments concerned and should you have any additional comments which you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact us. This will definitely assist us in achieving the high standards of service we are aiming.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

My warmest regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a too-brief recent trip to Paris and was very impressed both by the service and by the hotel itself. A newish establishment, situated on Place Vendome, it is both clean and spacious. Arriving early in the morning (around 10am) we were nonetheless able to check-in to our room and checked out only after 3pm on the day of departure. The staff were friendly and relaxed.

The rooms are modern in design and large, the beds huge - far beyond King-size. Our room had a small balcony looking onto the street and Paris on a cold but bright morning is best viewed with a glass of champagne in hand from ones hotel balcony. An auspicious start to our stay.

The hotel doesn't have a pool, which slightly disappointed my companion, but the positive vibe at the hotel more than made up for this.

Breakfast was wonderful (an adjective I very rarely use in reviews of hotel restaurants), with the Eggs Benedict scoring high for us both. A refreshing point was also that the breakfast restaurant wasn't overfull, which is sometimes the case with city centre 5-star hotels. The only slight qualm came at the end when presented with a bill for 102 euros for our breakfast for two. Surely some mistake? Apparently not.

This notwithstanding, it was an excellent experience overall. I will definitely repeat the experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Glengarry3007
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having shared your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very happy that you liked your stay at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme!

As far as the breakfast price is concerned, surely the breakfasts in five star hotels are expensive but we would like to assure you that the rate is on line, if not even less expensive then the price of breakfasts offered in the top hotels in the main destinations worldwide.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, I send you my warmest regards.

Arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Park Hyatt in Paris. The location was fantastic! The hotel is on a main street, but is surprisingly quiet inside-- once you're inside, it's quite serene. Our room looked out on the Rue de la Paix, and you could open the windows and look down into the Place Vendome. The room was fairly spacious, and quite well equipped. The decor was striking- not just our room, but all the public areas as well. Luxurious down quilt on the bed kept us too warm, and we had to open the window--in February! A shortcoming was that there weren't enough electric outlets to charge up all of our electronics at one time. And the hotel charges guests for use of WiFi- that was a surprise. The staff that we encountered were all very warm and friendly. The staff at the registration desk and the concierge desk were very helpful. If you can afford this hotel, you should give it a try.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to request a room facing the Rue de la Paix. You'll get a great view, and w...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme and I was most pleased to learn that your stay met your expectations.

Your kind words and compliments were immediately shared with our staff who were very grateful to receive them.

I was, however, very sorry to learn the inconvenience encountered with the fact that there was not enough electrical outlets in the room. For your next stay, please do not hesitate to advise us of your needs and we will make sure that an extension strip will be displayed upon your arrival.

I would like to thank you for having shared your experience and comments with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I had written a long detailed review but unfortunately my delete button stuck and it was completely erased. I'll go over the highlights and lowlights of my experience.

This hotel exudes opulence and you can tell it from the moment you walk in through to the bathroom scales in the rooms.

I was travelling on an award stay and even though I was lost revenue to them at no point did I feel treated that way. I was welcome, given early check-in, and even provided a welcome gift for being a HGP Platinum (not a listed benefit of Platinum). The rooms and bathrooms and ridiculous, but in a good way.

The only two things I disliked about my stay were that it was not longer. The other complaint is that it took three calls and thirty minutes to get a US to European power adapter sent up. I normally travel with them but as I had not originally planned to go to Europe on this trip I didn't have one in my bag.

I didn't spend much time in the room since I wanted to use my day and a half in Paris to sit in the Tullieres Garden and read, enjoy some Berthillon, and just take in the city where I lived for a year as a child. I loved my time in Paris and at this hotel and around Paris but luckily for me, Berlin was even better.

If you can afford it I see no reason not to stay at the the Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, really a great place in a great location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TheFielding
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

I was, however, very sorry to learn about the inconvenience encountered with the time of delivery of the adapter . Allow me to sincerely apologize and assure you that your comments have been brought up to the department concerned to follow-up and to avoid such inconvenience to-reoccur.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme

My warmest regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed here last May while visiting Paris over the weekend. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the Place Vendome and the Paris Opera House. We took the metro at the Paris Opera stop. The hotel is lovely, elegant, and quiet. The rooms are beautiful; I was enamored with the Rodin-esque sculptures on the light fixtures and door handles. The staff was warm, welcoming, and helpful. We had difficulty getting a taxi to dinner one evening, so we took the metro around the city during the rest of our stay. We are returning to Paris for our honeymoon and are looking forward to staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It makes us so happy to receive such positive feedback and we really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon for your honeymoon!

Please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relations Manager, Ms. Melanie Salas on melanie.salas@hyatt.com or myself for any assistance you may need.

My warmest regard,