“Great location - perhaps not the best choice in...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Xanthe_75
Canberra Australia
“Great location - perhaps not the best choice in summer....”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed for a week in July. We had a good stay. Mark and his partner were excellent to deal with.

First up (there is no getting around it) the apartment is small, even by European standards. We moved the table around so that the suitcases didn't take up all the floor space. After three months living in hotels we were used to 'cosy' spaces, and the apartment is a similar size to most hotel rooms.

Also, there is a thin, winding staircase to the apartment. I had been hauling my suitcase around for three months and have no mobility issues, and this is the only place I doubted that I could get up the stairs. I only had problems when carting the suitcase, otherwise it was OK. I would not recommend this apartment for anyone with mobility issues or young children.

We stayed during summer and had asked if there was air-conditioning. There was a portable unit which unfortunately made no difference (other than constant noise). It was often cooler outside than inside. We were pretty uncomfortable due to the temperature most of our stay.

The bathroom and kitchen are adequate and the internet is excellent. Mark provided two maps of Paris.

The location on Ile St Louis is lovely. We had walked around the island on a previous trip, which made us want to stay here this time. In hindsight, I should have also realised that there would be hundreds of people 'strolling' the island whenever we stepped outside. We did stay during peak season, but be aware that it is not a quiet little getaway. The footpaths are full from around 11am each day.

The apartment and location have a lot of character. The main issues we had were due to the time of year we visited (hot weather and big crowds). I would recommend this apartment for 1-2 people in a quieter season.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Poor air-conditioning
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mary L
Hollywood, Florida
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

This is a lovely small, but comfortable apartment in a great central location. The air conditioning was very welcome in the hot week that we were in Paris. All communications and transactions with owner Mark were very smooth and pleasant. We would definitely consider staying here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfort
Liked least: Lacked a full length mirror
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Brisbane AUSTRALIA

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing