“Perfect apartment for a city break in Paris”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
lwoodley
England, United Kingdom
“Perfect apartment for a city break in Paris”
Reviewed 27 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

This was my first choice for apartments due to its beautiful interior and how close it was to all the main attractions in central Paris. The apartment was perfect and just what we were looking for for a 3 night stay in the city, we couldn't have asked for anything better! Right from the start Elodie was more than helpful and replied straight away to any of our questions or queries. I would highly recommend this for any couple or small family seeking something to rent that's close to main attractions and places like Monmartre.

I would recommend to anyone to buy a booklet of metro tickets which cost around 12 euros, or they're about 1.70 each for a single trip, and you get can reasonably far with those. Batobus (a tour boat) is also very good for sightseeing as it stops off at 8 main attractions within the city centre for only 18 euros for 2 days.

Overall I would recommend this apartment to anyone as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and Elodie made us feel more than welcome!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: interior, closeness to the city and main attractions
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Naomi J
Southampton
“Couldn't have wished for better x”
Reviewed 4 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

This was the most hassle free,relaxed booking ever...and our stay carried on the same theme. Elodie was helpful and communicative from start to finish and i honestly cant think of anything that could have been improved.

The apartment was utterly beautiful,just as it is in the pictures and my boyfriend and I felt really safe there.

We loved walking around the city and the metro is so perfectly placed at the end of the road! However,we walked quite abit,we walked to the flea market and we also walked to Montmatre which was lovely.

We were only in Paris for 2 nights so we decided to get one of the open top buses to make sure we were able to at least catch a glimpse of everything.We found the foxity tour buses to be by far the cheapest and it was really good,I cant imagine what the other tour companies were offering that would warrant the additional €20.

Also,we had considered buying the 3 day metro pass which was pretty pricey but we thought might be worth it.We ended up just buying the book of 10 tickets which was €20 cheaper (i think) and came home with 3 spare tickets!So just give that one some thought before spending money you could spent on amazing bread,brie and wine!

Anyway,we had the most amazing time and it was the most perfect way to celebrate my boyfriends 30th.We would return to Elodie's apartment in a heartbeat.

Luis J
“We had a great time and recommend it very much!”
Reviewed 3 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

This is a fantastic apartment. We went with our daughter. Great experience. Good accomodation.

The location is perfect. It is spacious, quiet, well equipped and a pleasure to call home for 5 days. The apartment was close to main shopping areas and public transport. The apartment was very clean, very comfortable, plenty of space for all of us, and with all the facilities (washing machine, fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi). The rooms are spacious and bright.

I am planning to go back again next year and i would really recommend it to anyone.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Habitualu...
Sydney, Australia
“Pleasant, but a bit cramped for a small family”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Arrived in the afternoon during a very hot spell in July, flung the windows open to let in a cool breeze and was immediately assailed by the noise of the workshop next door, oh well... that's to be expected living in a working district on the fringes of Paris central. I was prepared for the apartment to be a tight fit for our small family so wasn't surprised at the lack of room. However, I was looking forward to a glass of wine in the lovely courtyard as pictured in the apartment description, it did look very inviting. Imagine my disappointment to find that there was no access and the courtyard was only for the use of the neighbors opposite. Therefore I believe that the advertising for this apartment is misleading, I would have re-considered my booking if I had known that access to the courtyard was restricted to us. On the plus side I found Elodie to be extremely helpful when booking, and the apartment itself was in good order, clean and tidy (except for the broken bed leg which I had to prop up with bricks from the back alley). Travel to the center of Paris is easy as the Garibaldi metro is about 5 minutes up the road, journey time averages about 35 minutes (Arc de Triomphe). I also have to say that we did not find any decent Bistros in the area and recommend that visitors with kids avoid the local McDonalds as it is outrageously expense and serves stale food.

I am clicking the recommend button but only if you are a couple on a tight budget, otherwise better to spend money on an apartment closer to the center. I would not recommend this apartment for a family of 4 or more.

Travelling group: Young Children
Gagzy
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“If searching markets is your game then this apartments location is for you.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

First let me mention in glowing terms the owner of this apartment, Elodie. She was a real help, spoke english like a native, and was full of tips and ideas for our week stay in Paris. Thank you again Elodie, it was a pleasure meeting you.
The apartment is situated in the St Ouen district to the North of the city centre. The Metro station is Garibaldi, just a really short walk to the corner of the street. It is the busiest Metro line, so expect packed carriages at peak times. Close by is Europes' largest market, and when I say largest, I mean enormous. We could have spent days going through all the stalls and shops that make up this district area. There is everything from the most expensive chandelier to people selling second hand shoes on the periphery of the place, amazing diversity but always interesting. Close by there are supermarkets (Lidl and Monoprix), bars, cafes, pizza parlours (Speed Rabbit was our favourite), and restaurants to cater for all of your needs. We would recommend the patisserie around the corner, amazing bread and pastries, truly scrumptious.
The apartment itself is on the first floor of a secure block (the front door was the most secure door I have ever come across). It overlooks a green and pleasant courtyard (no access unfortunately). Although it is small, it has everything that we needed for a self catering week in a capital city. It is decorated in a "Parisian" style, lots of old photographs, mirrors and nicnaks on the walls, which gave you a sense of staying with locals. It was clean and tidy throughout, with a shower (no bath). The entrance and hallways were always clean and free of any rubbish, there are bins in the back of the building and recycling bins at strategic places on the street.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Aux Volets Verts (With Green Shutters). It left us feeling like we had had an authentic Parisian stay with the locals.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location.
Liked least: The shower.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing