All reviews bastille metro complimentary bottle of wine great location marais neighborhood quiet street la bastille notre dame picasso museum croissants rooms are small free breakfast within walking distance lovely little hotel around the corner triple room breakfast room cafes
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I absolutely loved the Castex Hotel. I'm not sure that we got one of the best rooms. When we walked in, we actually burst out laughing at the size of the room. It was small, very small. But it was very cute and charming and had some nice period features, in fact we referred to the hotel as 'the castle' for our entire stay. And the beds were amazing, they were so comfortable, it was some of the best sleep I had over the holidays!

I guess my only gripe about the hotel was that I wasn't sure if breakfast was included so when we checked in and the man told us what time breakfast was, I just assumed it was included. I guess that was my fault, never assume and all that. But upon checking out we were charged 24 euros for 2 breakfasts!! Pretty exorbitant for your standard croissant, yogurt, coffee set-up. If I had known it was that much (and not included) I definitely would have just gone out for food. At least we didn't go both days...

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lizistheshizz
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Good value for the money conveniently located to Metro and bus. The staff was very accomodating. The rooms were small but very clean. On my next trip to Paris I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank mwhhouston
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I stayed here a year ago when traveling through France, and I loved it so much that I immediately booked with them as soon as I found out I was coming back to Paris. I will definitely stay here again when coming back to Paris... the staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and charming, and it's located in a nice area close to the Notre Dame.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank neptunesdream
Reviewed 23 December 2009

we just returned from our honeymoon in paris, and let me just say we loved the castex hotel! the location was great! right near the metro station (bastille) that took us straight into the heart of the city in less than 10 minutes, also walking distance to notre dame. the cafe's and bars nearby were all very friendly and accommodating. the staff were incredibly helpful including when my wife got sick arranging a doctors visit for her with an english speaking doctor right in the neighborhood. the rooms maybe small, but if you are going for a room i suggest you go to another city, we left bright and early every morning and returned after 10 each night. if we make it back i would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ecudchi
Reviewed 14 November 2009

We love the Marais and Castex Hotel is near three metro stops. Nice, clean (typically small) room with nice bathroom. We usually stay nearby at St. Louis Marias, but were equally happy with this choice. We skipped the 10Euro breakfast and had coffee and croisants or tartines and confitures at Cafe de Pharo at the Bastille...then popped into the Metro for our daily adventures. Free Internet access including a complimentary lobby computer made it easy for us to check our emails. Complimentary Herald Tribune and Guardian in the lobby were nice touches.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple