All reviewsbastille metrocomplimentary bottle of winegreat locationmarais neighborhoodquiet streetla bastillenotre damest paulpicasso museumcroissantsrooms are smallfree breakfastlovely little hotelaround the cornertriple roombreakfast roomcafes
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Upon arrival I was treated somewhat rudely by the front desk attendant. I was then told the room I had originally requested was not available. I was given a nice room but I believe it cost more. Breakfast was not that great and it was complimentary. Room was clean and comfortable but the bathtub was difficult to get in and out of

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Small boutique hotel in great location in the 4th arrondisement. Walking distance to the Sienne river. Close to the Metro. Nice restaurants around the area. Great bakery just around the corner and bistros. Safe neighborhood.
My triple room is a good size. There is actually 2 areas for the beds so my son had his own private area and he can close his door for privacy. The bathroom is a good size also. There is a hot pot to boil water for coffee and tea. Cups and spoons. There is a small fridge and a safe.The air con worked very well and the water pressure in the shower was good. There is a flat screen tv.
The hotel is old and dated but clean. There is a dining area for breakfast but we did not eat there so I can't say what they offer for breakfast.
The staff are friendly and helpful especially the weekend staff, Mr Iskander. He was so pleasant and friendly and helpful. He made everyone feel at ease.
I enjoyed our stay in Paris.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived via taxi mid afternoon to be greeted with a "back in 10 minutes, sorry for the inconvenience" sign on the locked door. It appeared that the guests inside the hotel we unable to open the door from the inside which concerned me immediately. Eventually a man emerged, dealt with the guests inside, then got around to opening the door for those of us waiting on the doorstep. Not the best of first impressions. Things didn't improve. Mr desk man offered no apology for keeping us waiting, nor did he offer any welcome. We gave our name, he handed over a key then proceeded to flog the airport shuttle service to the airport, with no further information forthcoming about the actual hotel, we went off to our room on the 3rd floor. Thankfully this hotel does have an elevator. The room would have to be the smallest I have ever encountered, and I have stayed in small rooms in France before. However, it was clean and had a tea and coffee tray which was very welcome. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom, tho also very small, was clean, tho I kept turning the shower off with my bum every time I tried to turn around. We really struggled for space with two suitcases and hand luggage, there is nowhere in the room to put stuff.

There is a breakfast room downstairs in the hotel "cave" which comes with a resident Troll who can barely manage to spit out a bonjour in the morning but who can rapidly ask for your room number to ensure no one gets away without paying! From the way she bangs and crashes whilst clearing and resetting the tables, I was thoroughly surprised she managed to not break anything. Clearly living the dream.

I became increasingly depressed returning to this room at the end of the day, and when we again encountered the be back in 10 minutes sign on our return from dinner that evening I immediately got online and looked for another hotel. This place offered us nothing, Mr desk man was only ever interested in listening to his headphones and eating at the desk, (a real pet peeve of mine, coming from a hotel background) breakfast, whilst the selection on offer covered all the basics, it was far from a welcoming experience. I'm done with "authentic" rustic Parisian hotel and their Fawlty Towers staffing. Very glad the Novotel in Les Halles had room for us.

Good points should you believe that this hotel meets your requirements:
Location is good, Metro close by, plenty of restaurants and cafes and shopping
There is an elevator
Tea and coffee available in room
Rooms are clean
Beds comfortable
Good wifi
Breakfast available

The bad stuff:
Staff have a couldn't care less attitude (except for the guy that works the desk at night)
Rooms are very very small
You are likely to be locked out or even locked in
Pillows are terrible

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank z1bby
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Staff were so helpful at the hotel. Perfect
Location - easy access to metro and staff only too happy to assist with directions and details on which metro to take. Would definitely recommend. Clean and quiet. Rooms were a good size.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

A small hotel with small rooms, but friendly, helpful staff on a quiet small street in a great location. Excellent location in Bastille area with good cafes,restaurants & close to subway stations. Small, comfortable hotel. Rooms are small but very comfortable with all amenities.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple