2,435 results
All reviews porte maillot arc de triomphe eiffel tower quiet street family room minute walk two metro stations within walking distance lovely hotel the hotel staff boiled eggs a wonderful stay would highly recommend this hotel small hotel croissants paris hotels loved this hotel
Reviewed 9 November 2015

This was my wife and my 4th. stay in Paris for at least 4 days. This hotel was our best for easy access for walking and transportation. Subway access is 10 min. max., the bus station is also 10 minutes away. It is an easy walk to many primary City sights. More importantly, the front desk alone makes this little hotel a good choice. It is staffed by intelligent people that speak the English language very well. They are really organized and informed. When you order a taxi it is logged at the desk with specifics for others that may be on duty when you need them. They have tickets for the Louvre and other sites as well as good advice. The front desk with it's wonderful staff is enough for us to return to this hotel even though we were very satisfied with our room (71).

Stayed: October 2015
Foch, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear jer-jeanne,

I thank you for taking the time to write this very pleasant review following your recent stay at our boutique hotel.

The hotel is runned by quiet a young staff compared to other hotels in Paris so your words are comforting and encouraging, such positive words push us us to do better and more every day so, on behalf of the entire staff I thank you for these kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you and remain at your disposal for your next stay at Hotel Residence Foch!

Reviewed 7 November 2015

Good location. Very quiet place, but not far from Porte Maillot subway station of M1 line which runs along Champs Elysees.
The reception staff was exceptionally helpful. Provided excellent guidance on city attractions, restaurants, transportation, etc.
Rooms and overlall hotel quality is also very good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Dear pb8282,

On behalf of the entire staff, I thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review following your recent stay at Hotel Residence Foch!

Your title sums it all up “location, reception staff, good value for money” what else could we add? Excellent service but that’s well explained in the review so thank you for these lovely words, we are delighted that you liked your stay and that we contributed to it is always a lovely feeling!

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you when next in Paris and remain at your disposal for your next reservation.

Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

My friend and I just left Paris and the Residence Foch. Overall we had a pleasant stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions, recommendations and making reservations. My friend and I had several questions during our stay and the staff always responded with a smile and sincerity. This is my 2nd time in Paris and my first experience people where not that helpful or pleasant. The hotel is in close proximity to the metro which takes you practically anywhere you need to go around Paris with maybe a connection to a different metro line. The area is very quiet and nice away from all the hustle & bustle of the city which I like after trotting around the city all day. They offer a continental breakfast for 17€ however I didn't try it because we always started the day out. My friend had the breakfast when she arrived before me and she said it was okay, pastry, crosiants, cheese & meat along with tea, coffee and juice available. The hotel is very small but comfortable. The first room we had was too small so we upgraded to a suite of the 5th floor room 53 which was a little bigger or at least comfortable for 2. It had a small terrace which was nice and provided a lot of natural light for the room. The room also includes a safe and small fridge/mini bar. Overall we enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would suggest it for the traveler that would like to have peace & quiet after touring all day and a pleasant staff to help with every need.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kee71

Dear Kee71,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Hotel Residence Foch.

We are happy to read that you liked the hotel, its central location yet away from the hustle & bustle of the city and thank you for mentioning our helpful, dedicated and always smiling staff.

I sincerely apologies that at your first stay in our beautiful city you experienced a “not that helpful and pleasant staff” this is unacceptable! We love our city and want people to love it as much as we do so we need to assist them and, make them feel at home.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at Hotel Residence Foch when next in Paris as we do hope that the next review will be rated with five stars! ;-)

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 November 2015

This was our first time in Paris and we had heard that rooms tend to be small and bathrooms too. Our room was quite comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. The staff at the reception desk were very nice. We had breakfast there one day and it was good. Our only complaint with breakfast was that I asked for a second croissant (they were small) and they never brought it. While the location isn't in the "middle" of the most common sites it was a short walk to the metro or to the Arch.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy F

Dear 60by60,

The price to pay for the beauty of Paris is for sure space but we have learnt to master the art of using tiny spaces and we are lucky to have well-appointed rooms that are large for French standards!

Please accept my apologies for the croissant that was not brought as this is unacceptable.

Please be certain that I have passed on your comments to the person that was at breakfast and taken the necessary corrective actions. If there were to be any such complains, please do mention them right away as it’s always better managing staff when these errors are corrected on the spot, this is of a big help in improving our services so we only can appreciate and be thankful!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 November 2015

The hotel is clean, has an excellent location and decent room rates. But, the best is the friendly clerks as the front desk. They will recommend restaurants, tell you where to get groceries, and point you to the subway. The clerks ask about your day and make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Top floor room is quite and has a small balcony .
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo

Dear HokieTraveler79,

On behalf of the entire staff, I thank you for sparing some time out to write this lovely review following your recent stay at Hotel Residence Foch!

Location and rates are definitely important but the service, the staff is what makes the difference and we are very grateful to have a dedicated staff that sincerely cares about our guests and does their best to make them feel a bit as home!