See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had to find a hotel and they were available and the team was awesome and helpful!!
The rooms was not that clean and not that good.....
But the hotel is practical in emergency...
But the location is good!!!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

The staff were very rude. I asked for simple recommendations for a nice affordable restaurant in the area and among 3 staff members no one was able to give me one recommendation, merely shrugging and saying they have "No Clue".

The room was stuffy and hotel, however the street below was too loud to sleep with the window open.

Bed was extremely uncomfortable, and when I asked for an extra pillow the staff member said they did not allow extra pillows... ( ? )

One evening I asked if I could make a cup of tea, and was told it would be free of charge for me. However upon check out at 3 am the man at the desk informed me that I owed 2 euro for the tag bag. Happy enough to pay, he refused to let me pay via card and at 3 am I have no real means of getting 2 euros cash out. The staff member working at that hour was EXTREMELY rude about it, and did not allow myself and my friend to wait in the hotel lobby area as we waited for our airport shuttle...so we waiting out on the street in the rain at 3am.

I would never recommend this accommodation to anyone.

Room tip: Rooms with street view are very noisy. No lift for heavy luggage/ nor assistance carrying heavy luggage up narrow stair case.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Yanis B, Gérant at Hotel D'angleterre Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment.

I am sorry you have been disappointed by your stay and I assure you did our best to improve this points.
Every guest can get extra pillows upon request and we have, at the lobby a list of good restaurants close to the hotel.

Thank you again for helping us improve our services.

Best regards

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Awful, incompetent stuff. I had booked and payed a room for a one day only, then checked with the person in reception, she confirmed that I can have another room ,(view from my current room was not good​) if I book next day also. I booked it, did a payment and next morning clerk said me what my room can't be changed. Also in the 2nd day of stay room wasn't cleaned.I was filling cheated :(

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment.

I am sorry you have been disappointed by your stay.

I really do not understand what happened because every room is cleaned every day unless the client put a "do not disturb" card on the door.
I assure you we will be even more carefull to that.

Thank you again for helping us improve our services.

Best regards

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Etoile for 3 nights as a solo female traveler. At first I was a bit concerned because of the shady elevator and the semi dark halls. But don't be fooled, rooms are exactly as they are shown on the photos. A bit small but everything is neat, the bathroom is supper clean and provides essentials, bed for a comfortable and tv. I went during summer and there was no ac but the fan and huge window so it wasn't a problem. The location is great, you get to see the Arc de triumph just a couple of blocks away, there's a mini market on the corner and the metro station two blocks away.
The hotel is great for couples or solo travelers whor don't want to stay at a hostel.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel from october 21 till october 28th, what I really appreciate Is the hotel reservation staff, Nabil, Adel & Samir were so helpful, my credit card was declined when I tried booking several times from Egypt and they promised me they will keep the booking until we arrive and pay cash or via visa. The hotel staff also helped us to book our Disney land tickets, they checked the website from the reception computer, called them and informed us with the tickets price ranges and different places from which we can purchased the tickets instead of standing in the queue and buying it from Disney land.

The hotel location is also great as it is 30" meters max from the mid point of the champs-Elyse, George V and Franklin Rosevelt metro station.

Compared to the standard hotel room size in Europe The family room at the hotel was spacious enough for me, my wife and two daughters (6,7 yrs old). Also the elevator facilitated moving the bags to and from the room. The house keeping was great and did not commit us to a certain time to leave the room for cleaning. The only thing that we missed was a mini bar and a cattle however we managed to keep our drinking water and milk at the window for a natural chill as it was already cold outside and it was ok for the reception to provide us with a hot water and coffee cups.

All in all it choosing this hotel was a good choice & I would choose it next time I visit Paris.

Date of stay: October 2016