“A cozy stay”

Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est
Ranked #780 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 December 2017

It was my first stay in Paris as a tourist and could not have asked for a better location and comfortable stay. When in paris, make sure that you stay as close to a metro and bus stops that you can avail with passes at any point. This Holiday Inn is just a climb out from the Gare de L'Est metro stop as well as the train station to travel elsewhere in EU. Rooms are not big in size but can comfortably place two adults. A kid and large luggages will be a stretch. The rooms where therefore were comfy for us. It had a back balcony for fresh air anytime you want. There were all ameneties that you can think of (except a jaccuzi) in a modern hotel. The breakfast spread was not elaborate but is enough to get you started on your day. A special mention to the staff who are very helpful and take time to respond to the touristy queries. The neighborhood has all kinds of eateries from fast food to fine dining, so that is also not a problem. Overall a good stay for us. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ones with a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Benoit M, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est.
Best regards

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Breakfast made pleasant with great service especially from Erik and staff. Erik speaks fluent English helped us a lot. Sy while big person looks very shy definitely pleasant. Hotel is kept very clean and rooms are comfortable

Room Tip: Quiet floors and accessibility
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taranjeetkaurja
Benoit M, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments about Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est and the team. It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Paris, and we are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
Thank you very much for pointing out your overall satisfaction with the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
In the meantime, we remain at your disposal.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We've never been unhappy with our Holiday Inn stays and this is no exception. The hotel is very well positioned within walking distance to Gare du Nord station where the Eurostar arrives, and Gare de L'Est across the road which takes you straight into Notre-Dame Cathedral (Saint-Michel station, for Latin Quarter) and even through to Gare Montparnasse for the excellent Tower for views across the city. The area has lots to do; the hotel is clean, peaceful and includes bar and reasonable breakfast. WiFi is a little slow and front desk could do with more than one person a lot of the time, however, the service and offerings here are great and I'd definitely stay here again. Our room was clean, comfortable and pretty quiet.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit at Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Best regards

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Hotel is located in East of Paris. There are lots of restaurants just beside the hotel. It's clean, but with small rooms. My room was located at the end of saloon and my wifi was very weak and sometimes there was no wifi at all. Nothing so special,... It is mot suitable for families, only for business purposes.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I invit you to contact me directly to share your bad experience.
You certainly have several choices in Paris, but I hope you will give me another opportunity to welcome you and to regain your confidence.

Sincerely

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Great central location, room modern and where small the quirky design has everything you’d need. Safe, fridge, TV, desk, reading light, tea and coffee. Lots of power sockets (not sure why you’d need so many)

The only thing that spoilt my stay was being woke up twice when my room was allocated to other guests. In all my years of traveling this has never happened. Luckily or unluckily I was in the room. However what if I was out for dinner or was a lone lady traveling? This was a massive mistake, when I phoned reception rather shaken, I was told I was in the wrong room!!! They checked my passport and allocated my room....how could that be my fault?

Ruined my sleep and my stay, can’t sleep and busy day of meetings.

How can the same room be allocated twice, if this could happen to me, it’s seriously dangerous risk to other travellers.

Very disappointed and I so loved this hotel till then.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank darren k

Dear Darren K.

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read about your dissatisfaction and for the negative impression you had during your stay with us. I undestand your frustration and after investigations, it was a problem with our system. I regret and present my sincere apologies.
I invit you to contact me directly to share your bad experience.

Sincerely