Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est
  • Room Service
USD 541
USD 378
  • Restaurant
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
USD 323
USD 214
USD 1,473
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewstrain stationl estconvenient locationhotel entranceexecutive roomshort stayminute walkthe hotel is cleanlots of restaurantsaround the corneryogurteiffel towereurostarconveniencecompactfrenchneighborhood
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is just right opposite the Gare de L’Est station, and a couple of eateries around .
Rooms are small but we were upgraded by the hotel becos of our membership with IHG.
Our room facing the train station but it wasn’t noisy. Bathroom are clean but the the toilet bowl Is right at the door , it is a little funny for this arrangement.
Hotel staff are relatively friendly and helpful , our safe had some problem and they were quick in rectifying the issue.
Is my 1st time in Paris even thought we been around France quite a bit , most time we stayed hotel near the train station , but this time honestly I don’t feel very safe staying near the station , maybe becos I saw someone being pickpocket right in front of my eyes and many drunks hanging around our area.
Having to say that , Eiffel Tower is a must see , plus the Louvre Museum & Champs- Elysees.

P.S. I think it is better to stay around Les Grands Boulevards if u want a better environment.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Benoit M, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est. It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Paris, and we are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Thank you for pointing out your satisfaction with the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. In the meantime, we remain at your disposal.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Next to Gare de L'est means you have train connections a few minutes walking. Paris subway, local, regional and european train connections very close.
Hotel is perfect as a base to make your own Paris schedule. Good bedrooms, breakfast area, etc (lunch, dinner place are just a few meters away all over the area).
Excelent quality and good investment for your money, since "how long do you really stay inside the hotel" if you are a tourist. No high end luxury, etc here. A very good location, good night sleep

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christian S

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read your comment regarding your recent visit at Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est.
We are delighted to read that we were able to meet your expectations. We constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est.

Best regards

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed two nights here. Location right next to station so that was the reason for booking. The actual area isn't the nicest. Hotel is pretty basic and could do with an update. Room was small but ok for one. It was clean. Breakfast was good, a full selection. A big minus is lack of security. You can walk off the street straight to rooms without any check. But this happens quite often in hotels. The best thing about this hotel is location.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Gare de l'Est for your recent stay to Paris.

I regret we did not met all your expectations about the security.

We hope you will give us a new opprotunity to welcome you.

Best regards.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

No water :( Strangely.

Clean room and decent buffet breakfast spread. Poor securities because anyone can access the lift.

Room has nice decoration but pretty small. No bathtub. There's a rain shower though.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read about your dissatisfaction and for the negative impression you had during your stay with us.
I invite you to contact me directly to share your bad experience.
You certainly have several choices in Paris, but I hope you will give me another opportunity to welcome you and to regain your confidence.

Sincerely

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Stayed for 2 nights for business and initially was quite impressed - I had a great view from the top floor towards Sacre-Coeur and overall everything seemed well and as you would expect from a Holiday Inn.

Sadly, we had a storm that night and I could hear a dripping sound from the bathroom. On investigation, it looked like Coke was dripping through the light fitting into and around the sink. Plus the electrics when you turned the light switch on gave one of those most discouraging 'fiz' sounds.

I went down to reception and waited a long time whilst a lady and what I believe to be her daughter had an argument with the receptionist about an overbooking I believe (it was in rapid-fire French).

I then presented my problem and photos and in all honesty, they couldn't have given a damn. They had no spare rooms, which I had to ask about, which is understandable but no offer of any other form of service or even an apology. Eventually, they agreed to get maintenance to look at it the next day and to move me if required after that.

I appreciate it wasn't the greatest issue in the world but you pay a lot of money and expect to be able to use the sink and not worry about electrocution. I would have been happy with a simple, "oh we're really sorry about that, we'll get someone to have a look as soon as possible and check it's safe".

Later that night, after playing a game of "avoid the rancid coloured water drips, whilst brushing your teeth", I popped back down again for a bottle of water. After a 15 min wait despite requests to reception for help, another waiting customer (a mother) decided to get her own drink for her child from the tap and which point the management came out demanded she step away from the bar area... but still no barman.

5 mins later we were served and I was glad to be getting back to my damp room.

The next day the maintenance man must have been and done a great job - a wipe around with a cloth by the looks of it... luckily it didn't rain that night so I could clean my teeth without fear.

Oh and as a final moan - for the size and type of hotel, getting an ironing board is like getting blood from a stone. Fricking useless, despite promises.

Overall, it could be a great place and some of the staff (the barman when he was there) were very good but sadly it's let down by poor maintenance, even poorer customer service at reception and the lack of what business guests need - Ironing boards. Next time, just say we're sorry guys, be a little empathetic and buy some ironing boards!

I'll be continuing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express at La Villette which shouldn't be as good but the staff are 4x's as courteous and they have the basics.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chumpy_D

Dear Guest,

I invite you to contact me directly to share your bad experience.

Sincerely