1,019 results
All reviews train station l est convenient location hotel entrance executive room minute walk short stay the hotel is clean tourist attractions lots of restaurants definitely stay here again around the corner yogurt eiffel tower eurostar convenience french
Reviewed 15 December 2016

Okay so i will breakdown my review into points.

1. Checkin - Hotel do not have any shuttle but can arrange a cab for you for 60 euros. But at the airport you can find a cab direct to the hotel for around 50euros. Checkin is at 1400 HRS and i was around that time so i was given a room immediately and Christophe was a great guy on reception.

2. Rooms- Room are very IHG (European standard) 16sq.meter which i apt as you literally not gonna stay in the room if in Paris. Has basic amenities such as shower gel, conditioner & shampoo. A wardrobe and a safe. Beds are super comfy which comes with 2 types of pillows hard & soft. You have to ask a room with a window which they call a balcony, but you cant come out and stand in one so i will name it a balcony. Best view is the street view.

3. F&B - We were on B&B package, believe me breakfast is not worth it. I was there four days and they did not change even one single dish. It was scramble eggs/ bacon/beans/ sausages/ cereals/ boiled eggs / orange juice/ tea-coffee/ cut fruits/yogurt / compote/ Assorted breakfast breads. I would recommend not to take the breakfast and walk out side across the road. Breakfast if i believe cost 19euros in hotel and can be better and cheaper in city.

4. Staff- Staff is overall okay. Service is fine as well, but the F&B staff is horrible, no one smiles, no one groomed at all. On one occasion a manager pointed out to a waitress about her attire but even that was ignored. Crumpled uniforms to utter ignorance of personal hygiene everyday use to give me a chill. Front desk staff is also not to impress except Christophe, we went to the reception to ask if they recommend some spa after a heavy day of walking, we were advised to google it as the guy was not aware of it. Don't expect this from a 4 star hotel. On our last day there was a false fire alarm activated. No one really explained what happened and no apologies letter was sent to the room.

5- Tour Packages- Hotel have a plenty of them from open bus to Eiffel tower tickets everything is readily available from the reception.

6. Location - This is the best part of this hotel, metro is literally outside the hotel and is one of the best ways to commute in Paris. Momarte is almost a station away, views are excellent and lots of cafe and bars are just around the hotel.

Overall, if i return to Paris i might look at this hotel again because of its very competitive prices. But surly will not take the breakfast at all. Staff are okay but need training and grooming to come to limelight.

Room Tip: Balcony room towards main street.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harsh S
Benoit M, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Gare de l'Est for your recent stay to Paris and for your comments.
I regret to read that we were not able to meet your expectations about the size of the room and the breakfast. I shared your remarks with the F&B manager to make sure it will not appear in the future.
For information, the bearkfast buffet cost 15 euros.
However, I am glad to read your comment about Christophe, our receptionist.

You certainly have several choices in Paris, but I hope you will give another opportunity to welcome you.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

This hotel was clean, compact & in a great location. 10 min walk from main train station & right opp nearest station.
If you are looking for a hotel
Just to sleep while in Paris then this is a great option. Just do not expect too much

Room Tip: Pick this for location
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l'Est for your recent stay to Paris and for your comments.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon. Do not hesitate to contact us directly to book your next stay with us.

Best regards

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I'm not one to leave reviews, but the experience at this place was so horrible that I feel inclined to share. Rooms are so so small, service is appalling, and the food is horrible. I could only take one bite of my steak and fries, the meat smelt bad, and super chewy, and the fries looked like they were lying there for a week. Even my pint of beer was served in a glass that smelt like humidity, so I couldn't drink it. Absolutely disgusted.

I'm so disappointed with this place, and it's pushed me to leave my first ever review; unfortunately not a good one.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank mark k
Benoit M, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read about your dissatisfaction and for the negative impression you had during your stay with us.
I invit you to contact me directly to share your bad experience.
You certainly have several choices in Paris, but I hope you will give me another opportunity to welcome you and to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Reception exempted , friendly and welcoming on arrival. Pity about the room , Overlooking the station and a pleasant view but had to walk sideways around the bed and the balcony doors unable to open more than 12 inches before they hit the bed.

The bar extremely expensive and a barman who didnt know what or where the drinks were, Delivered short measures until this was spotted and pointed out but no attempt to rectify the previous drinks after admitting he had been serving the same way. Finally, with 8 people happily imbibing, the shutters were pulled at 11pm and further drinks refused.

Overall a disappointing and sad example of Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: dont get 602
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlanJClarke

Dear Guest,

I invit you to contact me directly to share your bad experience.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Super nice rooms, great staff, clean and homy. The location is perfect, the rooms are small but clean and very homy. Great views with beautiful french windows. Although the food is not the best, there are great restaurants around.

Room Tip: top floor are the rooms with best views
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Joan_Weaver_08

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit at Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and glad that we were able to make you stay memorable.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est.

Best regards