“do not go!”

Ranked #1,682 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Belgrade, Serbia
“do not go!”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I have stayed just one night in this hotel, but that was a experinence that I will never forget. As a 26 year old girl who is travelling allone, I was shocked when I find out that this hotel is full of very poor dressed young women (very high heals and coat-thats all-in december!!!).
The hotel is dirty, litteraly I found gums on the floor and other womens hairs on the sheets.
I couldn't sleep whole night and I went before breakfast.
Stuff was very unfriendly too.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Jovana O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Come too this hotel at your peril, and if you do you'll get what you deserve. The marena is far and away the worst slum ! sorry hotel my wife and I have ever suffed.
The lobby staff were ignorant and unhelpful to say the least. The breakfast consisted of the choose of carnflakes, fruit, yogurt, hard cobs, make your own tea or coffee with hot water from a thermos flask and boil your own eggs! thats if there were any left. All to be eaten with 1 teaspoon;
and needless to say the breakast staff were hopeless, they were more interested in answering their mobiles, one was even in here night gown. the room was to small we asked for one on the ground floor we got one on the fourth, the lights worked rarely mainly in the daytime there was no plug in the sink, no show curtain, subsequently making it very dangerous to shower as the matchbox size bathroom floor became like an ice rink on the tile (which were quite nice I might add!). the bed room window would not shut . The bed was hard sheets and blankets old. Noise from lift insessent till early hour noise from out side worse....
If I had the option of a free holiday in Paris but had to stay at the marena hotel I can definitly say I would decline the offer point blank even though Paris is probably one of most beautiful vibrant cities we have ever visited.

Room Tip: I can not imagine there being a good room in this hotel!............honest
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ballas186356

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed there during the winter, and as others have stated, the frnt desk clerk was sooooooo rude! it was unbelievable! The reception was supposed to be open 24hrs and when we decided to go out one night we arrived well past midnight just to find the front desk clerk sleeping on the lobby's couch! He was soo rude, he started screaming at us and since I speak french I wasn't taking any of his ......attitude.

Overall, Ill never go back nor will I reccomend this to anyone.

Only good thing is the location and a cafe/bar that is just in front of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank gitanamundo
Robina, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

we booked another hotel ( not far from this dirty hotel) but when there we were forced to move here because the other had a problem. the receptionist was unpolite and grumpy. the breakfast was horrendus and when we asked for ham and cheese she asked extra money. the elevator is a little box aged 1960 dirty and smelly. the room was tiny and smelly. the bathroom... no comment ( an open sewerege)! Never again here in our life.

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank mariodambrosio
Sydney
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We went travelling in january 2010 and stayed a few nights in Paris. The room was two single beds, bathroom and berakfast. For teh price it was great, all we needed was a clean bed for teh night and a good feed in teh morning. Plenty of restaurants and cafes around teh hotel, bus into paris right outside the door and the metro stop in short walking distance. overall quite enjoyable, not the ritz but for what we wanted it was perfect. Would recommend to any traveller on a budget as it has the basics.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family