“Wonderful Experience - 1st trip to Paris!”
Review of West-End Hotel

West-End Hotel
Ranked #37 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The West End Hotel was lovely, we paid a little extra to stay in an Executive room which was very nicely appointed. The staff were very helpful and breakfast each morning was very nice. The West End Hotel is extremely well located with a 5 minute walk to Champs Elysee and the many restaurants nearby. We travelled around Paris on the Hop On, Hop Off Tourist Bus which we could catch near the Arc De Triomphe. I could not fault my first stay in Paris (just that it was too short), we will definately be back and would love to stay at the West End again! Thank you for making my first experience so enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo J
WestendParis, Manager at West-End Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel.
We were delighted to read that you were pleased with all aspects of the hotel.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in future for a longer stay.
Best Regards,
Cécile Fernandes
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Spent a winter weekend break here and found the hotel to be lovely. Had used Tripadvisor to research it and was not disappointed. Very clean and comfortable with friendly, helpful staff. Located very centrally with all forms of transport close to hand. Everything we needed to complement a few days of relaxation and sightseeing. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We are just back from our first six day trip to Paris. We picked the hotel by reading most, if not all, of the Tripadvisor reviews. They were indeed reliable. The hotel was spotlessly clean, friendly and well located. We were on the fifth floor which meant that we were well above any possible street noise. The lift is small but as this is a small hotel we never had to wait and we were usually the only ones in it. The room was tastefully appointed, comfortable and was cleaned and supplied with fresh towels every day. It is a five minute walk to the Ave. de Champs Elysee with all types of restaurants, cafes and brasseries in the immediate area. Breakfast is excellent with a great selection of beautiful bread, fresh fruit and juices. Eggs can be had to order. The lounge is very comfortable with an honesty bar in the corner. Without exception the staff could not do enough for us. I would like to single out Pierre, Emmanuel and the man with the neat little moustache for a special mention. The latter even undertook the immense task of teaching me some French -- cinq cent six !
We will be returning to Paris and would not consider staying in any other hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a higher floor just in case there might be a noise problem from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DP7733
WestendParis, Manager at West-End Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Sir,
We were delighted to receive your comments and to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our guests' feedback is most important to us in our constant aim to improve our standards.
I have shared your comments with our team - thank you - such praise is great motivation for the team!
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel during your next trip to Paris,
Yours sincerely,
Cécile Fernandes
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Excellent hotel, very good services and location. The chambre luxe is very good. The only problem is the noise from the street, specially for the lowest rooms. In the morning, the laundry is very noisy. They really need a double window. Prefer the highest rooms.

Room Tip: Prefer highest rooms and make the reservation in advance on the internet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rodrigo T
Reviewed 17 January 2012

In 1970, my last visit to Paris, I stayed in a small hotel called Round Point and vowed to return there if I was ever lucky enough to visit again. Skip ahead 40 years, two kids, 3grand kids and I was finally able to introduce my husband to the most beautiful city I've ever seen. To my disappointment I could not locate the Round Point. So after searching every available avenue, I asked my travel agent to find a small hotel, at least 3 stars in a good location. Oh my! He delivered the West-End Hotel. We were the first of his clients to stay at this perfect small hotel in the heart of the designer shopping district. There is nothing I would change about our experience there. A breakfast was included,but we never took advantage of it because the bed was so comfy. We could walk to all the major sites, but we also could have stayed in the neighborhood and had an amazing time. Up the street is a beautiful bakery and on the corner a block up is a wonderful cafe that served the best lamb I have ever eaten. Across the street from the cafe was a magnificent Asian restaurant, We traveled to Paris from Venice over night on the train so we were very tired. The hotel accommodated us by allowing an early check-in. At dusk we walked to the Chinese restaurant. My husband was seated across from me. Over his right shoulder was a magnificent view of the Eiffel Tower. When darkness fell and the tower began twinkling, I told him to turn around and look. He was instantly in love with Paris! From shopping to eating to site seeing this hotel made everything exceptionally easy. I can't wait to return and I won't wait 40 years this time. Thank you West-End Hotel for the romance we found in Paris.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple