“Fantastic”

Ranked #47 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Excellent hotel, very good services and location. The chambre luxe is very good. The only problem is the noise from the street, specially for the lowest rooms. In the morning, the laundry is very noisy. They really need a double window. Prefer the highest rooms.

Room Tip: Prefer highest rooms and make the reservation in advance on the internet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rodrigo T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
florida
Reviewed 17 January 2012

In 1970, my last visit to Paris, I stayed in a small hotel called Round Point and vowed to return there if I was ever lucky enough to visit again. Skip ahead 40 years, two kids, 3grand kids and I was finally able to introduce my husband to the most beautiful city I've ever seen. To my disappointment I could not locate the Round Point. So after searching every available avenue, I asked my travel agent to find a small hotel, at least 3 stars in a good location. Oh my! He delivered the West-End Hotel. We were the first of his clients to stay at this perfect small hotel in the heart of the designer shopping district. There is nothing I would change about our experience there. A breakfast was included,but we never took advantage of it because the bed was so comfy. We could walk to all the major sites, but we also could have stayed in the neighborhood and had an amazing time. Up the street is a beautiful bakery and on the corner a block up is a wonderful cafe that served the best lamb I have ever eaten. Across the street from the cafe was a magnificent Asian restaurant, We traveled to Paris from Venice over night on the train so we were very tired. The hotel accommodated us by allowing an early check-in. At dusk we walked to the Chinese restaurant. My husband was seated across from me. Over his right shoulder was a magnificent view of the Eiffel Tower. When darkness fell and the tower began twinkling, I told him to turn around and look. He was instantly in love with Paris! From shopping to eating to site seeing this hotel made everything exceptionally easy. I can't wait to return and I won't wait 40 years this time. Thank you West-End Hotel for the romance we found in Paris.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank FloridaFreckles
South Croydon, England.
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We were looking for somewhere special to stay in Paris over the Christmas holidays and settled on Hotel West End based on the rating and reviews from Tripadvisor. The cost of the rooms was quite high, but we did not want to compromise as we had not been away from home at Christmas as a family before and wanted it to be special.

Prior to our trip we contacted the hotel to arrange a dinner reservation for Christmas day as the hotel does not have its own restaurant. We found all of the staff that we dealt with very helpful and the restaurant chosen, La Fermette Marbeuf (just down the road) was excellent.

The rooms were very comfortable and clean, especially the superior room we had to book for the boys to get a twin.

The breakfast was served late into the morning which was great as the boys are not early risers. The breakfast room was small, but the choice was good, as was the service.

The location was ideal for the Champs Elysees and the Eifel Tower (which we could see from our balcony, if you craned you craned your neck) and a short walk from a number of Metro stations.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay for the three nights of our trip and would probably consider going back again if were considering another special trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Ediesontour
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Beautiful boutique hotel in a great safe location. The room was very quaint, clean and the bathroom was beautiful. The staff were very accommodating and made our stay very enjoyable. My wife and I walked to numerous locations from the hotel like the eiffel tower, champs-elysees, and arc de triomphe. We also would just walk around and find fantastic cafes and restaurants anywhere around the hotel. You are close to the Metro which makes it easy to get anywhere in Paris. Would highly recommend the hotel, great value for the $.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayches
Scotland
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Stayed recently for 4 nights; Location is superb just 5 mins walk from Les Champs-Elysees (Arc De Triomphe end) and just a little bit further from the Seine and the Eiffel tower. Lots of local restaurants nearby. Hotel is typically French with the rooms of appropriate size but very comfortable and clean. Reception / concierge staff were very friendly and helpful both with recommedations of local restaurants and also the booking of trips. Has a very quaint honesty bar in a small lounge which was a very pleasant place to start / end the evening! Breakfast facilties are limited but adequate especially when so many great restauarants to try out for lunch and evening dinner!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends