All reviews eiffel tower great location and friendly staff unbeatable location large bathroom nice breakfast included breakfast late at night champs elysees paris hotel lovely hotel small hotel top floor yogurt triumph tuileries subway
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel was good and the staff was also helpful . The breakfast was also quite good . The view from the upper floors of the hotel was more good and lower floors . The hotels location is the best for easy commutation to any of the places to visit in there.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Caroline G, Responsable relations clients at Hotel de Castiglione, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear swats1010,
Thank you for your comment.
It has been a pleasure to receive you and we hope we will have the pleasure to receive you again in Paris soon.
Caroline

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at how good the hotel was.

After seeing some poor reviews on here we didn't have high expectations but were definitely shocked at how lovely it was.

We were on the seventh floor and had a great view of the tower and seeing the lights on the balcony was a highlight!

There was renovation taking place but if you can look past that, you'll be fine. Building has to happen to make improvements!

Nice breakfast, too, considering it was included in price.

Helpful staff and very nice overall stay. Would return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_Manager75, Responsable réception at Hotel de Castiglione, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Bugduddy,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay in our hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the room with Eiffel tower view and our buffet breakfast.

We are delighted that you appreciated our reception staff. You can be assured that we will share your comment with our team.
We wish you a happy New Year !

We are looking forward to see you again in our hotel

Best regards.
Loredana M.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Before reading further, it's important to consider I stayed in room 827 of this hotel, which is a top floor duplex with roof terrace. I suspect many will have not had the same experience as me.
That being said, my stay here was incredible. I informed the hotel that I was going to propose the weekend of my stay and they went the extra mile to dress the room with rose petals and complementary chocolates. I've noted a lot of people complaining about the staff in other reviews and I can categorically state that I had no such issues. Everybody I dealt with from reception to the cleaners in the hallway were warm and welcoming. Tea/coffee making facilities in the room were spot on, no milk however!
The location is fantastic, situated on the high street with plenty of designer shops in very close proximity if that's your thing. The Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Arc de Triopmhe, Notre Dame Cathedral and more all within walking distance too.
My only drawback would be the current renovations. Understandably this cannot be helped and I'm sure it will look great when finished, but I think maybe the exposed pipes etc could be covered up? The lift was a little bit cosy too, any more than two-three people would be a very tight squeeze.
Overall, I had a great stay and would definitely consider this hotel should I ever return to Paris. Thank you to the hotel for an enjoyable stay, I'll never forget the terrace where my now fiancée said yes!

Room Tip: 827!!! Absolutely worth every penny
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Caroline G, Responsable relations clients at Hotel de Castiglione, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Michael M,
Further to your stay at L'Hôtel de Castiglione, we want to thank you first of all for the time you spent in giving us in detail your comments and impressions.
We are delighted to read that our hotel met your expectations and that you recommend it. Our pleasure is really the satisfaction of our guests.
I am really glad to read that you enjoyed the rose petals and the chocolate.
I wish for both of you to build a happy marriage and we all hope to have you back in Paris soon.
On behalf of the whole team, we would like to congratulate you once again.
Best regards

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Dirty, under construction/ partial renovation. Dingy. I always do my homework and check Trip Advisor, but I messed up. I will formally contact Booking.com since this was basically false advertising. Do not be tricked by the fact that is on Rue Faubourg St. Honore, across the street from Ferragamo, etc. if you have the money to shop in that area, stay away from this hotel. Wifi was spotty, bathroom moldy and grimes, carpet just thrown in and extremely dirty... avoid it even if free.

Room Tip: Please avoid it...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexandraTexas
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I cant tell you how much I hated this hotel. It is in a great location and that is the only thing it has going for it.
They are renovating the reception area but could really do with renovating the whole building. It is in a shocking state. It really doesn't have any redeeming features. Lights hanging out of ceilings, torn up carpet, cigarette burns on furniture, paper thin walls( you could here everyone's alarms in the morning & kids screaming) and unfriendly staff. I would not stay here again even if it was free.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family