“Cheap large Tsingtao Beer At 3.80 euros”
Review of Chez Shen

Chez Shen
Ranked #3,946 of 19,135 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Cheap eats here and we actually ate here twice during our 12 day stay in Paris. Both times we wanted to eat at Art du Ravioli but twice it happened to be a Wednesday so they closed. Chez Shen is beside it so we tried it.

My favorite was their garlic pork noodles at 5 euros, cold boneless chicken feet, sweet and sour spare ribs with malt vinegar. We also tried their eel with chives and sprouts. The eel we didn't care for but the chives and sprouts were good.

We would definitely return if craving for some cheap Chinese food but seating is not that comfortable.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

This is a kind of Chinese cafeteria which has been here on Rue du Maire for decades. I can't remember how long ago was the first time I was here, but it's at least 20 years. It's what I call a good restaurant for ordinary, rather bland Chinese food, what we could called Americanized Cantonese food in the US, but I'm not sure where the people who run Chez Shen are from. I always play it safe: fried pot stickers followed by something freshly sauteed with rice. Today it was "beef with onions". Good. There is no decor here. One sits at communal tables. When the waitress comes over, you'd better be prepared to order. The menu is in Chinese, French, and a kind of English. I wanted quick, easy, and good, and I got what I paid for. Left satisfied, especially for 12 euros including a large bottle of Tsingtao.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

This tiny place not far from the Pompidou Center serves amazing Chinese food. When you enter, you can see many of the dishes displayed at a take-out counter with pastries and scallion pancakes displayed on top. Definitely go for a meal! The service is fast and efficient and everything is delicious. You will be seated with others and it is often crowded, but worth a wait!

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

...but perfect for foreigners. It's an authentic wenzhounese fast-food place almost like in China. Relatively cheap with a lot of choice. Not the best authentic chinese restaurant around but it's fast and the ingredients are fresh.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I absolutely adore having my Raviolis au porc, and two nems to start, if it's cold I'll usually have a soup with noodles and beef, if it's hot I love the Vermicelles de riz au boeuf, I'm not a fan of their dishes precooked, but noodles, Vermicelles and pasta dishes are great!