All reviews saint germain great location famous cafe favorite area boutique shops jazz club lovely property ac worked well room was nicely decorated family suite very nice small hotel shower stall madeleines art galleries walking distance perfect parisian latin quarter
Reviewed 5 November 2018

The best assets of the hotel are : 1st - location : you pay to be in one of the most fascinating quarters in Paris : Saint Germain. The hotel´s location is more than perfect : one block from Café de Flore and L´eglise de Saint Germain , on a very quiet street , with many transportation options that will take everywhere ( metro , buses , walking distance to the Louvre , Saint Michel , Notre Dame ,etc ). So if you can afford to spend more to live the " Saint Germain experience " , I would totally advise you to stay at this hotel , it has the best rate and location in the area ( considering that this is an expensive neighborhood to stay at ).2nd - Personnel : all the people in the hotel are amazingly kind, polite, willing to help at all times and very patient with my poor French , very thankful to all their guidance

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Deux Continents, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear 703marcelaf,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the deep heart of Paris.

As you said we are well situated in the exact center of Paris with lots and lots of touristic attractions and many interesting places nearby, such as Luxembourg Garden, the Louvre Museum and Notre Dame.

Our guests' feedback is very important for us in order to improve the quality of our service according to your expectations and needs. That is why, we would like to know more about the services that you have appreciated the least.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details or any suggestion.

Best regards,

Hôtel des Deux Continents.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

The Hotel des Deux Continents is a lovely hotel in my favorite area of Paris. I had a double room on the fifth floor. Yes the rooms are small but about the same size and other hotels in the area (and over the years I've stayed at about 4 other hotels). As a height challenged older woman I was pleased to have a room with a stall shower. Honestly, the bathroom is only a bit smaller than the one in my apartment.

Their "new" continental breakfast was adequate. I would have loved to have the choice of a latte or cafe creme. The young woman who staffs the breakfast room and made my fresh orange juice was very friendly and helpful. She purchases the breads and other bakery items every morning. I especially loved the sliced brioche.

The young women and gentlemen who staff the front desk were very professional. Any small issues I had (sometimes I returned to the hotel before the room was cleaned) were resolved quickly.

I was able to walk almost everywhere (walked about 6-9 miles a day). There are many restaurants, in all price ranges, in the area and a terrific "take away" store about a block away. I purchased my late lunch there 3 times and the sandwiches were always fresh and delicious.

My thanks to the hotel staff for helping make my visit to Paris very enjoyable.

Room tip: If you need a room with elevator access and/or a stall shower, be sure you choose those rooms when making your reservation.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Deux Continents, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear FrancineB17,

What a mighty pleasure to read such a honest, detailed and sweet feedback from you.

The whole team is really and thankful for the support and kindness that you give us through this review.

We will do our best to keep the same authenticity and "homecoming" feel for our guests.
Moreover, the way you described every feature and advantage of our hotel, shows how much you sincerely appreciated staying with us.

Your feedback is such a big reward that motivates everyone who is part of the hotel, but we would like to know more about the services that you have appreciated the least.

We heartily hope to receive you again and again in the deep heart of Paris at Saint-Germain-des-Prés, for memorable and lovely stays.

Please receive our respectful and sincere greetings,

Hôtel des Deux Continents :)

Reviewed 26 October 2018

The location of this hotel is the best thing - it is so central to everything and easy to walk to great restaurants and major tourist attractions. The hotel is very basic, clean and the staff are friendly but the rooms are small, there is no room service. Skip the cheap breakfast the hotel puts on, and go to one of the many cafes in surrounding streets. The 2 times we tried to have breakfast at the hotel we could either not get a seat, or the second time most food had run out. The air conditioning in our room did not work properly and it was very noisy in the mornings as other people go up and down the narrow stairs. There is a small elevator that will fit one person and bag at a time, but is certainly easier than taking bags up the narrow spiral staircase.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 770mimb18,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the deep heart of Paris.

We are sincerely sorry for the discomfort you had to deal with during your stay in our hotel.

That is why we sent your review to the whole team for betterment and we carefully took note of each grade that you gave for specific services that we provide.

Be assured that your comments garnered our attention and steps will be taken very soon.

We do hope to welcome you once again a whole new parisian experience, without any discomfort.

Kind regards,

Hôtel des Deux Continents.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights during our stay in Paris. The location is very good, a few minutes from a metro station and about 15 minutes from the Louvre and Notre Dame. The room was tiny, with absolutely no view. The decoration is outdated with old carpets, red walls and an old chair. The bathroom was also very very tiny. You couldn't open both the door and the shower door. The hotel was on the clean side (very day cleaning) but nothing crazy. I liked that the shower gels, soaps and coffee was renewd every day. The personnel was just functional. If you expect big smiles or small-talk from the reception people this is not your place. Overall, I would expect more for 200+ per night but Paris is a very expensive city and the choices are not that many. Our stay there was ok with no problems but this is not the hotel that makes you want to revisit.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Deux Continents, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear Otto M,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel des 2 Continents.

Following your score and comments, we would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. Saint-Germain-des-Prés is a fantastic area, very central and lively and as many old buildings in the district , Hotel des 2 Continents offers small rooms and bathrooms. As standards are different from a country to another, we totally understand your review.

Well being of our guests is our priority and that is why we paid much attention to every remark. Rooms have been renovated but we take note of your feeling for our next improvements. And even if we are not used to that kind of comment about our staff, we will show them your post in order to make it not happen again.

We do hope that you had a nice trip back home and we wish you a lovely day.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2018

From the friendly staff at the front desk to having everything I needed in the small, but very clean room, to the beauty of the hotel, I enjoyed my stay and was sad to leave. I hope to have the chance to stay again soon!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Deux Continents, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear KatBern,

Thank you very much for you super great score and comment about your stay in the deep heart of Paris.

We are really happy to read your satisfaction and we sent your review to the whole team as a kind reward for their service and efforts.

Thanks again for taking time to give us your review.

Hoping to welcome you again for a whole new experience at Saint-Germain-des-Prés.

Best regards,

Hôtel des Deux Continents :)