All reviews saint germain great location famous cafe favorite area boutique shops jazz club lovely property ac worked well room was nicely decorated family suite very nice small hotel shower stall madeleines art galleries walking distance perfect parisian latin quarter
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I stayed at this hotel in 1983 with my Grandmother when I was 16 years old, so I was very excited to come back many years later. The location was wonderful - very close to a train station and easy walking distance of many sites. The rooms are small but have air conditioning which was so appreciated on those hot summer days. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, so I cannot comment on that. We did have an unfortunate experience with a moldy shower that was not resolved until we were just about to leave. I wish that something had been done sooner, but thankfully the front desk discounted our bill when we were checking out.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Deux Continents, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Hello Nell D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
It has been an honor to welcome you again in our hotel. We are glad to know that it was at the level of your expectations.
Indeed, we enjoy our ideal location in the heart of Paris, in Saint Germain des Prés district.
We are sincerly sorry for this infortunate experience. The management of the hotel has called a specialized company to eradicate any case of mold. Very soon this won't be a probleme any more.
Once again, sorry for this big inconvenience.
Have a lovely day
Best regards.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I have stayed in this very nice hotel several times. The location is great and the hotel is very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. My room was small, but adequate. It was hot in Paris and the air conditioning in the room worked well.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Deux Continents, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on your stay at our hotel. We are ideally located in the heart of Paris, in the marvelous artistic district of Saint Germain des Prés. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Paris.

We hope to see you very soon !

Best regards

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Great location . Hotel room felt old and outdated and the internet pictures were deceiving . Friendly hotel staff
Pricy for the value . Maybe a superior room would have been a better choice .
Lots of restaurants and shops near by and transportation but I believe there are other hotels in the street that are better options

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Deux Continents, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Frédérique G,

Thank you very much for staying at Hotel des 2 Continents.

Following your review, we would like to apologize for your disappointment regarding your experience in our hotel. Your opinion is very important for us, and that is why we transmitted your remarks to our management. Hotel rooms have been renovated 3 years ago, and when we took pictures, we tried to be as realistic as possible. We are sorry to read that your room did not fit your expectations.

Saint-Germain-des-Prés is a wonderful area, with famous Café de Flore, or les Deux Magots and we feel lucky to be located in such a central and lively district.

We would be pleased to welcome you back to Hotel des 2 Continents if you wished to give us a second chance.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I only stayed one night in Paris. I chose this hotel for the location, the price, and the Parisian feel of the place.

The front desk personnel we're great! Very nice lady at the front.

Our room was small, which I expected, and the bathroom tiny. I thought it was quirky having the toilet in the little closet. The air conditioning worked well and the bed extremely comfortable. I had a good night's sleep.

I would consider this hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Deux Continents, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear LuvTravel9999,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel des 2 Continents.

What a pleasure for our staff to discover your kind review online. Two ladies at reception desk have been pleased to read that you had a good night sleep with us. It is the most important in a hotel, isn't it? As many old Parisian building, we offer small rooms and bathrooms. That is why we totally understand your remark and we are sorry if it caused you some trouble. We trued to make our rooms as nice and comfortable as we could and we are glad that you felt well in yours.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon for a new Parisian trip, maybe for more than 1 night...

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2017

They charged for a room with air conditionning and it never work , didn't try to fix the problem! Couldn't sleep any night confortable, they ruined my vacations! They gave me a 10 euros discount wich I consider insulting.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Deux Continents, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear GustavolF209ZS,

Thank you for choosing Hotel des 2 Continents.

Following all your review we could read online, we apologize again for the problem you had with air conditioning in the double room, and for your uncomfortable experience. As you could see in the triple room of your children, air-conditioning worked, but we had a big problem in your room and the company (called by reception desk) could only come on the Friday. As hotel was fully booked, we could not propose you to change of room, because that is what we would have done if we had other availabilities.

We are sincerely sorry for the bad image you have now because it does not reflect our personality at all. Our staff always listen to the guests and try to find a solution as soon as possible. Temperatures have been very high last week and the company could not come before.

We know that you probably won't come back to Hotel des 2 Continents but we would be pleased to receive you for a second chance.

Best Regards,