“Underwhelmed”
Review of Septime

Septime
Reserve with
Septime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #908 of 18,841 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bercy / Nation
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was overall disappointed and underwhelmed by the food I experienced at Septime. As a top 50 rated restaurant with a michelin star I expected dishes that were more inventive and flavorful. We did dine at lunch, but I was ensured that lunch was just as good as dinner when we were unable to get a dinner reservation. The price to quality of food ratio was too high in my opinion for the meal I had. I also was frustrated when I received cuttlefish. I had dined at Clamato the night before and had almost the exact same dish. I understand the two restaurants are connected, but I wanted a unique meal. We made a lot of effort to get a reservation and walked away disappointed. The best part of the meal was the unique wine pairing and the lovely service. I unfortunately do not plan to return or recommend as a most go to in Paris to friends.

1  Thank Deirdre S

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Food was great, service was great, but in particular when I asked how the fabulous white asparagus course was prepared, I received a direct answer and then a pause and then full credit was given to the asparagus that was delivered that morning. The staff did not get in the way of the marvelous food; they simply enhanced its essence. It's well worth the difficulty of getting a reservation.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Recommended for a tasting experience where you will have a 6 course menu . Food is excellent and it’s hard to book

Reviewed 13 March 2018

The menu gastronomique is beautifully balanced, the food is creative without being fussy and the service is good. For me, the courses flowed from one to the next. Highlights were white asparagus with seaweed, pigeon with vegetables served to one side and the lightest possible pancake with apple,

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Managed to get a 7:30pm reservation for 2 people. The fixed menu is 80 Euro each for 8 courses and 55 Euro for the 8 glass wine pairing; which I highly recommend. You also have access to a full wine list if you don’t fancy the wine pairing.
The fixed menu was dynamic and surprising, with the hot dishes being the highlight while the wine pairing was definitely the best part: starting with sake and then a mix of wines, and a cider to go with one of the desserts.

The service was good and efficient and waitresses were mostly attentive.
An expensive visit that you won’t be able to do often but makes a very nice treat to see a more relaxed and tasty side of Paris.