“Fantastic Food and value”
Review of Kei

Kei
Ranked #8 of 17,512 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: USD 67 - USD 233
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner here on a recent business trip to Paris. The food and ambience are perfect. Not much point describing the dishes as they change with time and depending on the ingredients available to Chef Kei. Suffice to say you won't feel disappointed with the taste and artistry he demonstrates.

Of the three big meals I had on this trip, including Epicure and Aubeille, I enjoyed this the most. Mainly because the experience was beyond my expectation and the food, being French with an Asian twist, probably appealed more to me.

Interestingly, you can also have sake with your food here. Not sure if that's better than the traditional French wines pairings but worth a try for the adventurous.

There are newer reviews for Kei

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The food, the ambiance, the wine list, the presentation, the service, everything here lived up to our high expectations. We had a fabulous meal. I would love to come back again. Do not miss this gem. Expensive yes, but not as expensive as many other 2 star restaurants, and worth every euro.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

On our list to revisit. Food and service worth all of the Michelin 2 star rating. All of the dishes prepared exquisitely and kudos to Chef Kei.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Anniversary meal with hubby, really enjoyed our evening, hope to try other things about n the menu as my choices weren't as good as I hoped.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

What a lovely restaurant! From the minute you enter, you know you're in for a treat. The welcome is warm and friendly even thought the setting is very formal. We had the lunch tasting menu and every dish looks exquisite; in fact it was the photos of the meal that really made me book to start with and we were not disappointed. As the only wine drinker, the sommelier selected a couple of perfectly matched wine by the glass for me while husband had his choice of beer or spirit.

I had the aged galician beef and husband had the chicken. Both were delicious as was every other dish but the strawberry meringue dessert was really the highlight for me.

Husband wore a shirt but no jacket - there was no sense of being underdressed although most of the other men did wear jackets. The service is impeccable - very attentive and with every dish explained -but not intrusive or in any way snobbish. This was a true highlight of our week in Paris.