All reviews chatelet metro rue de rivoli balcony room great location heart of paris near notre dame around the corner short walk charming hotel quiet street latin quarter within walking distance french hotel central location side street seine river rooms are small
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our experience esa great. Thanks to Raquel and Nadia who speak Spanish and they made us feel like home. The hotel maintains the classic Parisian atmosphere and has a very good location, close to the Louvre and Notre Dame Cathedral. On our next trip, we would go back without hesitation!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GHDC, Responsable réception at Grand Hotel Dechampaigne, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,,
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!
Ms Laureon, Owner
Olga, Kateryna, Nadia, Front Desk Staff

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Great location, next to everything, extremely close to metro station. Clean, satisfying breakfast. Not very big room but enough space to move. Smart TV, could watch programs from my country. Friendly, polite, helpful staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GHDC, Responsable réception at Grand Hotel Dechampaigne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback and for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor users.
Wee are so pleased you enjoyed your experience in our hotel.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Please receive all our warm regards and best wishes.
Ms Laureon, Owner
Olga, Kateryna, Marina, Front Desk Staff

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I just want to say thank you to Ms Fernandez who took really care about my problem of claustrophobic. I coudn’t dream better.
I had 3 days to work in Paris, lastminute reservation, i got small room 6th floor with big bed and clean shower but cramped stairs to reach it. I cane to the desk and she understood my problem and changed my room the next day.
Dont be afraid to say there is something wrong there, they will do the necesary to find the solution.
Breakfast staff and service are very nice.
They offered glass of champaigne and explained the history of this building! Built in 1562 ! Waou ! I love Paris.
I recommend this place to all my colleagues and friends.
Thanks for your kindness.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
GHDC, Responsable réception at Grand Hotel Dechampaigne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your confidence, for kind reveiw and for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor users !
We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience in our hotel and you felt understood which is very important for us.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Please receive our warm regards and best wishes,
Olga, Kateryna, Marina, Front Desk Staff

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I booked this hotel using points but quite frankly the accommodations were terrible. The room was up a flight of narrow, precarious steps, there was a bad odor in the room, it was not clean, the shower did not work properly and the room was extremely cramp. There were also gnats in the room and I'm scared to think of what else. It did not look like the pictures on Trip Advisor. I left the hotel after 2 nights only because that was the earliest I could find other accommodations and had to pay the nightly tax. This is over 6 months ago and I was denied partial refund through my credit card company because the hotel had been unresponsive. When I finally received word from my credit card company, apparently the hotel first lied and said that I did not check out early and refused to provide my reservations details. When I called myself, I received proof of my early checkout however the hotel does not care and is apparently standing by their nonrefundable policy despite the quality of the hotel not being as advertised. I can't believe the quality of customer service at this place and would never recommend the hotel. For the price they charge, you could go to some of the nearby true hotels, which would be clean and have much better service.

Room Tip: Can't choose a room and can't switch when you get there.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ana2018399

Dear Madame,
Although that we have explained to you and to Expedia costumer service the raisons why we have not accepted to refund the amount paid for your booking unfortunately you keep your position even if the situation was not really like you have exlained. Your rate was not refundable and that means rules are specified prior you finish your booking. And please be sur that we have never refuse to give any proof of your stay in our hotel to Expedia costumer service.
Please be sure we regret too much this situation, but we don't deserve this unjustify complain.
Best Regards,
Olga, Marina, Kateryna, Front Desk Staff

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Why I think of a hotel that signifies Paris, I think of this hotel. The rooms are small but amazingly decorated and full of character. The staff has always gone above and beyond. The elevator can fit your bags as you run up the stairs to get to your room. Typical small hotel in europe. But the location is second to none in my opinion. You would really enjoy this hotel if you are looking for that Parisian experience.

Stayed: November 2017
GHDC, Manager at Grand Hotel Dechampaigne, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, we are so pleased you enjoyed your experience with Hôtel Dechampaigne! and you took time to share it with Tripadvisor users.
We hope we'll have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Please receive all our very kind regards,
Olga, Katya, Marina, Front Desk