Ultimately, as it was my first time in Paris I learnt pretty quickly that this hotel was not amazing but enjoyable. It had airconditioning, a good sized bathroom and a bed that slept two people comfortably. There was a mini bar hidden underneath the tv and the windows opened up so you can check out what's going on the streets of Paris. The hotel is a few short walk to Vaneau Station and it is located in the midst of everything; pubs, cafes, restaurants, supermarkets and a tobacco shop ( they don't really sell cigarettes anywhere except specialty stores ) which was a drama to find unless a local pointed you to the right direction. I would highly recommend this hotel to all my closest friends, but keep it a secret amongst my non closest friends as this is a really good value hotel that you can pretty much comfortably stay in without breaking the budget. Coffee service is unlimited after breakfast and they will store your luggage after your late check out ( 12pm ) without hesitation.
Two things you might not like about this hotel:
1) The lift only goes up to the fourth floor. If you're staying on the sixth floor, you're going to have to get the stairs up. Pack lightly.
2) The hotel needs a bit of renovation but this didn't affect my stay.
The cafe next to the hotel has amazing service and great coffee. Just remember to smile and learn a bit of French beforehand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel’s atmosphere is quintessentially “Rive Gauche”, decorated with character, elegant lines and a subtly refined elegance throughout ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Vaneau Saint Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vaneau Saint Germain Hotel
- Vaneau Saint Germain Paris