See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have found a new, favorite hotel in Paris, a minute away from Champs Elise's, near the Arc D' Triumph. Clean, Nice, Very QUIET environment in public areas and reasonable priced and with a very friendly staff. Well appointed.
Highly recommended!

Room tip: First floor for easy access (due to slow elevator).
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank chichenuxmal
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is a small boutique style hotel only a 30 second walk from the Champs Elysees. The decor is of art deco style, with plenty of wood panelling. The rooms are small but plenty of room for 2 people, and very clean The dining room has a lovely ambiance and the breakfast is nice, nothing cooked, but still a very good selection. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and if you have only a few days in Paris this location is ideal.

Date of stay: April 2013
1  Thank Jensta007
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have stayed at the de Vigny many times when visiting Paris Fashion Week and other occasions. It has never let me down. Found on the off chance when I needed to change hotels in a hurry I have found the hotel to be excellent in every way and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. This is a small hotel so don't expect big hotel anything, but personal service, friendly staff, a small but good restaurant where I have only had breakfast and light lunch. Ask for the room at the top in the eaves with the jacuzzi bath - I was upgraded to this room once, I think it is a junior suite - just gorgeous.

Also ask for a room over their courtyard as it can be noisy, from scooters particularly outside in the streets as it always is in Paris.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank phd2
Reviewed 30 March 2013

A combination of "1408" and "the Shining"! It's actually a compliment. Im refering to how the hotel looks and how it feels. It seems very old, but elegant and consists mostly of dark wood. You get the feel that you are alone yet the hotel was fully booked. It even has the same temperature regulator as in "1408". The location of the hotel is on a side street of champs elysses very close to the arc of triumph. It also has a nice resturant which i didnt try but it seemed good, and it looks really old which was exciting and it also reminds me of the resturant in "the Shining". The staff were superfriendly and extremly helpful. However the room was usually pretty cold, and it had a draft which annoyed me at times. Also the breakfast bufeet was priced at 33 euros which I thought was very expensive and you had to special order eggs if you wanted them and there was a menu there showing the prices of different things that should have been included for 33 euros. The food that was served there though was very good.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alexandre S, General Manager at De Vigny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Madam, SIr,
thank you very much for posting such a good comment about Hotel de Vigny. I have to say I was very surprised by the title of your comment and my first impresion was the image of Jack Nicholson with a knife hanging around in my hotel!!! After fully reading the comment I felt relieved. For your information we are starting a renovation plan of the hotel, mostly in the rooms, but do not worry we will keep the feeling that you have enjoyed.
I renew ly thanks and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Alexandre Scarvelis

Reviewed 24 January 2013

A little Art Deco hotel which is very Guest-Service oriented. My Husband has stayed here a number times (on business) & we had the opportunity to stay in Paris for a few days - on a leisure break. I understand why he likes the Hotel and how attentive the staff are to ensure an enjoyable and memorable stay.

Perfectly situated, just off the Champs Elysee with fantastic Staff & service.

Nothing is too much for the Team and they are very welcoming, helpful and accommodating. It was my first trip to Paris and Monsieur Scarvelis & his Team were a delight to have access to.

The decor is great, with decent sized rooms, if a little "aged" - but far more cosy and intimate than the bedroom "factories" associated with the Brand Chains.

Heartly recommend the hotel for a romantic getaway or to use as a base to explore Paris...

Room tip: Whilst it is double glazed - remember that this is a Paris hotel and an old Classical building which is on a street corner, just off the Champs Elysee. As a result it's not in the quietest location, but the buzz and noise is all part of the Paris "ambiance". If you need quiet - get a room at the back, not street-side...
Date of stay: November 2012