“Lovely, but I expected a little more...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ares Paris

Hotel Ares Paris
Ranked #46 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
San Antonio
“Lovely, but I expected a little more...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The location of this hotel was very nice in that it seemed more in an actual neighborhood in Paris than a tourist location. My French is very rusty, but everyone in the area was very kind and accepting and we all understood each other just fine. Even better, the hotel was a short walk to the Metro. At first, the Metro may seem a little daunting, but it is actually quite easy once you figure it out and it is surely the easiest and cheapest way to see the sights. Within minutes you would go from your neighborhood to the greatest sights in Paris, although I kind of think that I would not take small children on the Metro. The doors slam shut rather quickly and it seems like a slightly rough-ish place. The front desk staff at the hotel was extraordinarily helpful in figuring out the best way to figure out the Metro and its stops. (Just as a side note, remember that the lines are designated by the end points.) Actually, I can not speak highly enough of the extremely kind and helpful front desk staff at this hotel. From the moment we got there, they seemed welcoming and kind. They provided dinner suggestions and internet access and directions to everything. They even arranged for transportation to the airport when we were leaving. The room was small, but lovely. But a few things stand out that prevent me from giving this hotel an excellent rating. First, the cleanliness. I think above everything else, a hotel needs to be clean. When we first walked in, the room appeared very clean, but after the first day, we realized that the sheets weren't being changed everyday. This would be fine if we were told this was the policy, but we weren't and there was no signage explaining that. In fact, in the 5 nights we were there, the sheets were only once changed. Second, the toiletries, which I grant were lovely, were not replaced when they were getting low. In fact, we had to ration what was given. Upon our arrival, chocolates were placed on our bed, which was a lovely touch. Sadly, this only happened on the first night. Third, the bed. It was literally horrible. It was the hardest bed I have ever slept on. It was pretty to look at, but it was painful to sleep on. That being said, I would again like to stress how lovely the front desk staff was. Every person that we were met with was as kind and wonderful as I could have ever hoped for. As a side note, if you are a light sleeper, this may not be the place for you. There is a school across from the hotel and the children are very vocal in the morning. I love the sound of children playing so it didn't really bother me, but I could see how it might awake people up.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ashfoster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

A great Boutique Hotel in close proximity to La Tour Eiffel. We stayed at a Junior Suite which allowed a direct few on the Eiffel Tower from the 7th Floor. The room was very nice and so was the bathroom. Breakfast was a bargain and we also liked the fact that the mini bar was topped up daily for only 5 Euros. Wifi was free.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Loved this hotel in my favourite city. Fairly small but rooms very comfortable and location wonderful!

• Stayed February 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Beautiful hotel off the beaten path yet still a 5 minute wall to the Eiffel tower. We only stayed here one night while passing through Paris and it was well worth it. This is for the most part a boutique hotel without a restaurant or pool but who would eat at their hotel while in Paris! Overall I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

My boyfriend and I spent three days in Paris staying at Ares Eiffel. I had spent much time trolling through various websites and scouring tripadvisor trying to find the perfect place to stay for a short romantic getaway. When I came across Ares Eiffel I knew this was right for us and booked it straight away.
When travelled from the airport via metro to the hotel and found it very easy to find (even with both of our poor navigational skills). The hotel is tucked away in a quiet corner away but is just around the corner from a wonderful selection of restaurants, cafes and patisseries and just 10 minutes around the corner from the Eiffel Tower.
We were very impressed with our room and the large double doors opening to the small juliette balcony made the room feel much lighter and very airy. The icing on the cake were the lovely Hermes toiletries. Everytime I use the soap it reminds me of our lovely break to Paris and this wonderful little hotel that made the trip for us!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple