“Very good location”

Ranked #823 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good location”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This hotel is located in a very convenient and lively location. Metro and buses are right out front. Rooms are small but functional. We got a deal on it so for the price we paid it was great. I would recommend it if you can get a good deal on it.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank travjud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Booked this hotel after reading all previous reviews. Great deal on hotel website for about $130 USD per night. We were prepared for the small rooms, which is typical of Paris hotels (unless you're spending $500+/night to stay at the Ritz). Stayed with a girl friend, we had a twin room. It was very clean and had a great view of Blvd Montparnasse, with a small balcony (room 55 is one of 4 rooms with balconies). Room was very quite when we shut the French doors, noisy when doors were open and we did NOT notice the train. Bathroom was gorgeous and quite large for the room size. Best thing about this hotel is the location-you are in the middle of the action and it's a short walk to the Latin Quarter, etc. We took the Air France bus from CDG for 16.50 euros which drops you off at Gare Montparnasse. If you have a lot of luggage the short walk to the hotel can feel like quite a hike. We took a taxi from hotel back to CDG for 50 euro, it was worth it for 2 people. We stupidly ignored the previous reviews about the overpriced breakfast and got it the first morning--it was a joke, definitely not worth it. Cafes on either side of front step of hotel serve much better breakfast for much cheaper. Hotel staff was outstanding, all of them. The supposedly cranky black guy written about in previous reviews was very nice to us on a consistent basis. Staff went above and beyond to help us locate things like laundromat & health club, both of which were right around corner (printed out maps and schedules for us). The elevator was small but not that small. My friend and I are both big boned 5'9" and we fit in it just fine, went up one at a time the first time when we each had 2 large suitcases. Stayed 5 nights and will definitely stay here again when I return to Paris, this was the 5th hotel I've stayed at in Paris and stands out as being a great one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TodoElMundo71
Cotia, SP
Reviewed 15 July 2011

My husband and I just left the hotel and we strongly recommend it. We stayed for 4 days and the location is perfect, close to the gare Montparnasse, if you are travelling by train, close to rue de rennes, that has lots of very good stores, including markets with good bread cheese and wine. The only issue is the small double bed and small room. One more good point is that when we needed help, we had, they were very nice offering maps and information.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My mother and I hired (for the 27th May) the services of an airport shuttle offered by the hotel Edouard VI, the Airport Nice Shuttle, to go to the CDG Airport. After 32 days of travel through Europe, we had two bags (below the weight limit) and one hand luggage each and the hotel staff knew it. When the driver of the shuttle arrived, looked our bags and said he did not like working with Brazilians. When we reached the car, the driver said we should pay a supplement of 2 euros per bag or he would not take us. We refused (not for the money, but for his dishonesty), he removed our bags of the car and left us on the sidewalk. The hotel employee called the not reliable hotel shuttle back (we didn't accept it) but didn't offer us another alternative of transportation and not helped us with our bags (and my mother is 79 years old!). It was a horrible end to our trip.

Room Tip: The room 43 has a good view of the street.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet_Reis
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2011

We stayed at this hotel at the end of April on a spontaneous trip after the death of my mother. I needed some R&R. The room was cute but small and could have done with a refurb but the bathroom was excellent. We requested a room at the back of the hotel as the concourse outside was noisy with traffic and this was changed with a smile on arrival. We looked over attractive rooftops and it was indeed tranquil and we slept well. Good beds. In the rush to leave I left my little box of jewellery in the room by mistake. When I got home and found I'd lost it I was upset as it contained items of great sentimental value. I phoned the hotel and they found it, returned it in an SAE and charged a modest amount on my credit card for the stamps. They were so obliging and helpful and senstive and I was immensely relieved to have my precious aide-memoirs returned to me, quickly, efficiently and with courtesy. For this I shall be forever in their debt and would recommend them heartily. Also, although noisy, the hotel is right next to the Montparnasse Bienvenue train station, near to the trendy St Germain quarter and very convenient for most of the sights of Paris. They even let us watch the Royal Wedding on their lobby TV (despite France being a republic!) when the cleaner turfed us out of our room to clean it. A personal service with a smile.

Room Tip: Quietest at rear of Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple