All reviews moulin rouge quirky hotel sacre coeur breakfast was excellent busy street central paris metro foyer district lafayette cafes europe
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2017

On arrival night, being jet-legged, I returned after the bar to the hotel around 1:30 AM and all doors were locked. I kept knocking on both doors for 20 minutes, I was calling the reception… I got so upset and frustrated and didn’t know where would I sleep that night. To my luck after 20 minutes, finally a body arouse from the sofa next to front desk, scared me, but opened the door.
All I need from a hotel is being clean and good sleep. The not-working A/C made it very hard to sleep. The first two nights it was fresh outside, so not a big deal, but last night it was hot, room was facing the road. So it was loud and hot and poor, very poor sleep for me.
Finally, when I was moved to a different room I got a new key. I think I was moved from 406 to 207 or something like that. So when on 2nd night I came to the hotel around 2 am again, I accidentally opened 206 instead of 207 (or the other way around) I opened the room and it was empty.. I got scared. Where did my stuff go? What if there were other guests? What if someone would open my room that way? I was tired, slowly realized I’m in a wrong room and opened my room next to it…
The wifi was working very poorly.
The staff is polite, the design is nice, but considering all the above it's not a 4 star (3 max) and never again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Irina S
François M, Directeur général at Hotel Josephine by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear guest, I understand under the circumstances that your stay did not meet your expectations and I really want to apologize sincerely, as our aim is to deliver a high standard of service to our guests; Sincerely;

Reviewed 6 June 2017

The staff was very nice, as soon as I checked-in they offered me a Nespresso and a tea (the machine is free to use for everyone in the reception)
The bedroom was quite big with a nice desk and a few chairs. The view from the window was lovely and the hotel is just 5 minutes away from Le Moulin Rouge. Pigall is also a great zone to stay, so many cafè and things to do around
Check out their HappyTime

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OumakhloufRachid, Directeur général at Hotel Josephine by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Lovecibo,

Hello and thank you very much for your lovely comment! Our staff always strives to give the best of themselves! We love visitors and we want our clients to feel at home a soon as they arrive.
You have also mentioned the spacious and neat rooms and we thank you for letting us know you recommend them. We are happy you discovered the absinthe! How about the other cocktails of the day?
Remember you also have our own website to make your next reservation!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Love this hotel
Pro
Good ambience
friendly staff
Good breakafst
strategic location .walking distance to grand Lafayette..sex shop street..Moulin Rounge ..Monmatre .metro station ..dining area!!
safe to walk..bz place
worth paying ..stayed 4 days 3 nights !!

Con
Aircond spoil during summer..i was there during summer !! hot and almost fainted..get a fan if aircond is crazy down .last year

Date of stay: August 2016

Dear Ash-Adedayo,

Hello and thank you for your comment,

We are very happy to learn you loved your stay and that you recommend our hotel! We are in a very interesting area in Paris, strategic as you say, and also heir to the Cabaret scene, having the Moulin Rouge as well as other théâtres near by. The hotel is surrounded by fanstastic transport alternatives, such as buses that take you to Trocadéro, Champs Elysées, the Opéra Garnier or the Louvre Museum and the Hotel de Ville, near Notre Dame Basilica, and of course, we are only 10 minutes by foot to Montmartre.
We take all your comments very seriously and we will let out group know for the air conditioning problems you encountered.

Kind regards and see you soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

LOvely boutique hotel in a perfect location for us. Stayed for 3 nights with my husband, our room wasn't ready when we arrived but they looked after our luggage while we went off to explore. About 3 miles walk down to the Seine and where we were classing as the centre of paris, but lots to look at and see along the way. We got back to the hotel later in the afternoon, we had a room on the 6th floor, a lovely boutique room, with a roll top bath and lovely rooftop views. a nice touch would have been that our luggage was already in the room for us. We didn't have a plus in the bath, so had to ask if they could fix this for us, otherwise it meant showering in the bath and was worried about soaking the floor. they said they would look into it for us, we did have to ask a couple of times and this wasn't fixed before we left, but it wasn't a bother to shower in a bath, it wasn't the be all and end all.

was closer to the Moulin rouge than expected and that 'area' which I wasn't aware of. But it didn't bother us and we thought the location was perfect for us. The bar area in the hotel was really lovely, with a cocktail hour every night serving absinthe or another type of ready made cocktail. You can visit any of the other hotels in this chain at happy hour to sample their drinks, and we visited one literally a few doors down the road for the wine happy hour one evening.

Lots of lovely bars and restaurants in the area the hotel is in, our plans were to venture out in the day time but stay close by in the evening, and there was plenty to
keep us fed and watered near by.

we had breakfast in this hotel each monrning, which was served in the basement restaurant, which was such a beautiful setting. served a range of cereals, hot offerings, fruit, yoghurt etc, but our breakfasts consisted of croissants, coffee, fresh bread and cheese.

Would recommend this hotel, very Parisian, staff so friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. On our last day we had an hour to spare before we were due to catch a taxi to the station, so we sat in the bar area to soak up the last of the hotel, and the staff could not be more helpful in getting us drinks (that we had to pay for obviously) but just go out of their way to make your stay!

Room tip: Top floor gives lovely views
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OumakhloufRachid, Directeur général at Hotel Josephine by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear TheAlife,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review! You have given us an incredible description of your stay and we are so honored by your enthusiasm and the dedication reflected on this post!
You have perfectly described the surrounding area of our hotel which is vibrant, evolving, and of course, next to one of the main attractions of Paris, the Moulin Rouge Cabaret! This area is known to be the subject of artists' gatherings, and inspired many paintings, such as Bal du Moulin de la Galette by Renoir, or films such as Amélie Poulain...
It is of course 10 minutes away walking from Montmartre and the Sacré Coeur church, and 15 minutes from the beautiful Opéra Garnier, painted by Chagall (or that inspired the Phantom of the Opéra Musical), and also the Galeries Lafayette for shopping.
As for transports, we have buses that take you everywhere without connections, the Champs Elysées, Trocadero Esplanade (Eiffel Tower), and of course the Louvre Museum, or Hotel de Ville, not far from Notredame... you name it! We enjoy a great location in Paris.
Thank you very much also for mentioning the kindness of our staff and how pleasantly surprised you were by their generosity and helpfulness, "getting out of their way" to give you service. As part of the HappyCulture hotel, we are proud to believe it is every staff member's DNA to help, be generous, and to put you and your needs first! Since you chose our hotel it is only natural to be the best!
We hope to see you soon for another great experience!
Don't forget to check our website for our latest offers.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My friends and I had the pleasure of staying at this exhilarating and beautiful hotel. It was my friend's 30th birthday and unfortunately, her airline lost her bags for 24 hours. The amazing staff at Josephine stepped in to ensure that her 30th birthday was indeed an epic one. Greeted us with the "cocktail du jour." Not to mention, the espresso shots from Nespresso right in their cozy waiting area. They were so friendly and accommodating. It felt as if we were home away home. They taught us the ins and out of Paris and really helped shape our trip. The rooms decor was impeccable. Downstairs you can read a book, play a game with friends or sip on tea and coffee, there's always something to do. If you get a chance to take advantage of the Happy Culture, do it! We roamed around the streets of Paris a lot (as you should) and I must say that it came in handy. The breakfast downstairs was great! Even downstairs had a cool hangout spot. Slight negative, air conditioner is controlled by hotel and it was not run on super high, we had no issues with opening balcony windows. It felt amazing sleeping with the natural fresh breeze . Staying at Hotel Josephine, you are 2 blocks away from Moulin Rouge and great (inexpensive)eateries. Not to mention, you can get some really inexpensive but great quality souvenirs right down the street. If you're in the mood for ice cream, as my friends were, Amarino is a 5-10 min walk, that's where you can find delicious ice cream! Hotel Josephine is in a perfect location! And with this amazing staff, you literally cannot go wrong. Special thanks to Monica, Hammadet, Rafealle, Preshemda, and the other beautiful young girl, forgive me I forgot your name (I also prob butchered the spelling of your names, I am sorry). These particular Josephine staff members went above and beyond and out of their way to ensure that our stay was extraordinary! Thank you. We fell in love with Paris and I'm sure we will be back and it's because you played such a significant role on our trip.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
OumakhloufRachid, Directeur général at Hotel Josephine by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear N. D,

We are above all highly honored that you chose our hotel for celebrating your friend's 30th Birthday!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! I hope you were charmed by our hotel, and your kind words describing our staff are simply heartwarming. We understand how important it was for your friend to have an outstanding celebration, specially after her late luggage arrival! And we know she was in good hands! She looked gorgeous for her dinner out with her girlfriends!!
We hope that our team did everything they could to indeed make you feel at home away from home like you describe it well, on such a unique occasion. Our sstaff loves to help and give the best advices!
All free services, such as non stop coffee, wifi, conciergerie, umbrellas and much more is here for you.
Did you try the free cocktail of the day or the absinthe?
Now you know the area and are aware of the great cafés, bistros and great restaurants in the area! And Now that you discovered the HappyCulture hotels, we hope we will be the one you like the best!
Thank you again and hope to see you very soon,